Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Please send price shipped to 48023. Sounds like a hell of a package!
PM sent

[UPS TR#:QUOTE=Iceman56;120084]Chris is there any info on the Race gas tune yet? What gas are they using? What are the gains?[/QUOTE]

I am working on more information about the Race Gas Tune.

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Chris,

There seems to be some back and fourth on the Eco-mode topic. Does it still function. I actually use it often when just putting around. I like the throttle not being so jumpy when on a cruise, but definitely would like to have all the power in sport mode?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Can't speak for the 14' models but I took my 13' on a trail ride yesterday and kept out of the sport mode. The throttle was a little too touchy in the technical stuff with sport mode on but worked real good with it off. I think sport mode will be awesome in the sand or easy terrain, it became a whole new animal again with this flash.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Can't speak for the 14' models but I took my 13' on a trail ride yesterday and kept out of the sport mode. The throttle was a little too touchy in the technical stuff with sport mode on but worked real good with it off. I think sport mode will be awesome in the sand or easy terrain, it became a whole new animal again with this flash.
Ok great- That is what I want. Like I said I really enjoy turning sport mode off on the technical trails. I want the tune, but not if I have to give up the ability to turn sport mode on and off.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yeah it is Peppy and snappy with the Tune. I have the 2014 Max and I turn the Eco mode on when doing technical or rocky trails to make it a little Lazy. Then on fire roads I put it back to Sport for fun. This Tune stuff came out late in My Dune Season so obviously I have not been to Glamis to try it. But it feels good and My Max now hangs with my friends max and he has the STM clutches and always used to Pull away from me. LOL. not Now.:cool2:
Im gonna try and find my Grey key and see what happens with it in. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I PMed Devious Chris about what exactly happens with Sport Mode when getting the the ECU reflash by Evolution.

Below is the response I got:

"You will have 100% throttle in all modes. There is currently no tune from Evo that retains a partial throttle mode. It is possible to design, but a machine would be needed to test and design that into the flash. "

He also told me that sport mode does nothing whether on or off. I would have thought that even if I had 100% throttle that with Sport Mode off, I have computer controlled throttle. With Sport Mode on, I have manual throttle.

So if Sport Mode truly does nothing then I have a switch that is worthless.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I PMed Devious Chris about what exactly happens with Sport Mode when getting the the ECU reflash by Evolution.

Below is the response I got:

"You will have 100% throttle in all modes. There is currently no tune from Evo that retains a partial throttle mode. It is possible to design, but a machine would be needed to test and design that into the flash. "

He also told me that sport mode does nothing whether on or off. I would have thought that even if I had 100% throttle that with Sport Mode off, I have computer controlled throttle. With Sport Mode on, I have manual throttle.

So if Sport Mode truly does nothing then I have a switch that is worthless.
What about if you use a key that is for the non-performance mode (grey key)?

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Would they need the whole machine or just ecu?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
If I was going to be there I would be ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Chris - Thank you for coordinating my reflash with EVO. Very smooth transaction and turn around was same day as it was received. Can't ask for more than that. I have it installed but will be unable to put it thru it's paces until this weekend.....I will make sure to provide some feedback....thanks again.

361 - 380 of 413 Posts