Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum people’s!!! So, I got a green light to upgrade my 2011 Commander and here I am. I ride East Coast. Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia. Just looking for your thoughts and experience on the 72” wide machines... pretty sure I’m gonna get an X3 or a Mav Sport XRC. So many good options nowadays that I’m all over the dang place really! Takes me long enough to choose new tires 😆

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. If your riding areas can handle 72"s, there's no reason NOT to get it. Look at the X3 RC, should work well in your area.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Is there really anywhere on the East coast you can really take advantage of the 72” suspension over the 64”. I’m thinking not so much.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I live in Kentucky . Ride in wv tenn and Kentucky there is no where I would not want 72” machine. The east coast is not right like tons of folks say. Never had any issues and you will hardly see a handful of 64” machines . X3 wise that is. Tons of junky rzrs. We have one guy that rides a base x3 solely because he got a smoking deal a few wks ago. So yes a 72” buggy is the only way to go in these three states without a doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ride in south east KY I have the RC RR. Best machine for us. By the way I switch from Polaris RZR after having every model from 800 to the XPT. Can Am has the best ride you won’t regret the X3 in the 72”

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania and ride all throughout the state, haven’t explored any other states yet. My machine is a Maverick X3 XDS. Pretty much ANY state owned land will be ABSOLUTELY no wider than 64"-65". I rub my tires and fenders all the time as they have gates you MUST travel through to enter the trail systems. It’s a bummer, but 64" is the max I’d go with around here as a lot of trails just haven’t caught up with the times. A lot of them are still maxxed out at 58" which is utterly ridiculous in this day in age. On the otherhand the 64" machines have more than enough power for the type of riding you do on the east coast PLUS you can fit into way more trail systems. As far as the 64" ones being more tipsy, they are undoubtedly worse off than 72" models, but if you practice and get some hours on the machine you’ll have zero issues with them. It’s when you start to drive like a hotshot in front of all the girls that you roll, which will happen with any width lol. M2C.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish I would have gotten the 72 inch maverick. But I didn't because I put wheels and tires on it and I am now at 68. In VT/NH that is all the width you want.

·
Registered
341 Posts
wisconsin is 65" maximum and is enforced now with the rules changing to help them measure easier.

steve

·
Registered
930 Posts
9 inch tires all around aired up to 65 psi, shave 2 inches or more off each side going through that gate, granted it's not the correct thing to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts