Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you all knew how profitable the maverick is for brp and if they're future plans included staying competitive with Polaris. I was just wondering because the aftermarket for the Maverick sucks. I love my Max but finding stuff for it is a little difficult. Just wondering why so much crap is already out for the XP1k, that POS hit the market guns a blazon and the venders were all over it. I guess what I might be asking is do venders take BRP seriously.(none of this means im going polaris or wildcat ever, pls stay on subject)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I cant tell ya how many they are selling but Im here with ya. I am wondering if Can Am is going to counter the xp1000. I will not buy another side by side until I see the next years line up. I would say vendors take brp somewhat serious. My guess is they are going to make parts that sell and Polaris has definitely got the market on side by sides. I love the Maverick but just like to see a power upgrade or something to counter Polaris in the near future.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
absolutely 100% guaranteed canam is in it to win it and they will... there here to stay and go forward by leaps and bounds. they have added more new models in the last 18 months, and continue to do so. they just released a outlander 6x6 to, the maverick and max also, the commander max.

they will over take Polaris hp in the next year. they already have what matters most to many people. form, fit and function. great looks, comfort, high end suspension, great motor platform, qe2 helps, they address any issues within months unlike popo and fix them. look at clutch issue 12 months ago, almost un heard of now. I know people who don't care about the claim of the 6 more hp of popo and go with maverick as top end is about the same, but form fit and function and reliability is canams winner over popo right now.

until maverick come out you rarely saw people saying there here from a Polaris, now its daily, more and more show up at events, use to be rare, popo lost several % of the sxs market in the last 2 years. more and more after market makers are adding stuff daily. in fact you can get about anything you want now for your maverick. popo stuf is jumped in and produced as it was always the king, there learning its not that black and white anymore.

brp had a record year in sales, Polaris lost several % of the sxs market shares. its still hard to find mavericks in dealerships, yes you will see a few in dealers, but a week later there gone, popo just sit. my cmall local dealership has sold 4x the sxs of canams this year over any other time. he had 9 sold before they even left the factory on release. I saw 2 xp1 at a dealership sitting, 3 days after they come to delaerships. 2 weeks later 1 still there. I know a lot of popo owners wished they had choices before they bought what they have, now they do

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
can am will just keep getting stronger !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I can't seem give my maverick away :-(
its hard with the left over 2013's they marked down there is still a few around for 12900 for a base 2013, so used will be hard for same price some people r picky - ur asking 14k, u do have sum mods but , its not brand spanking new lol

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would say they are selling good cause my dealer can't keep them in stock. I was down at the dealer last week wanted to look at a Commander and they had zero. Also had zero Mavericks. They did have the same 1000xp that they have had for weeks though lol They even had it parked in the CanAm section and when I asked why they said cause they can't keep the CanAm's in stock. I think a HP war going to get out of hand just like with cars and trucks. With these machines there will be a point where its a safety concern I would think. Most people are buying a rec vehicle not a race car. I think they both have plenty of power right now. I wish they would focus more on refining things than horse power. Like better clutches and tierod ends from the factory. But at the end of the day HP sells.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
The aftermarket is slow because the models are fresh. We are on the cutting edge of whats to come so if I have to wait an extra month on new doors or bumpers then I'll just have to wait, otherwise take action and create your own custom goodies.
Thats what I did, built a one-off folding 1/2 windshield because it wasnt out yet. Developed my own nets that fasten to doors then roof when not in use, mirrors, interior lights, seat heaters the list goes on and on. Get out in the garage and build something!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
At Racer Tech we believe BRP is in this market for the long haul and that's why we've invested over $100k in the last 6 months alone developing a brand new product line in true Racer Tech style. Over the next 3 months we will finally be releasing our product line in three phases which will include approximately 30 brand new Maverick specific products. We also have about 20 products coming for the Commander as well with an additional handful of products that will be universal. This is over 50 new products coming to the market for 2014 for you guys. We're taking this product line very seriously. So seriously that we are now factory sponsored with one of our pro race teams that has switched to Can Am for 2014 in GNCC and we'll be thoroughly flogging these machines to figure out what else needs to be done beyond our original observations.

RT is best known for our focus on racing specific products and primarily for the Polaris market. However, for 2014 we're seriously branching out. Not only into other models but also other products. Of course racing is in our blood here so racing products are taking first priority. We've taken great time with our Can Am products (literally two years in total), but we feel what we're bringing to the table now will be unprecedented and unparalleled.

Hopefully this helps!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
At Racer Tech we believe BRP is in this market for the long haul and that's why we've invested over $100k in the last 6 months alone developing a brand new product line in true Racer Tech style. Over the next 3 months we will finally be releasing our product line in three phases which will include approximately 30 brand new Maverick specific products. We also have about 20 products coming for the Commander as well with an additional handful of products that will be universal. This is over 50 new products coming to the market for 2014 for you guys. We're taking this product line very seriously. So seriously that we are now factory sponsored with one of our pro race teams that has switched to Can Am for 2014 in GNCC and we'll be thoroughly flogging these machines to figure out what else needs to be done beyond our original observations.

RT is best known for our focus on racing specific products and primarily for the Polaris market. However, for 2014 we're seriously branching out. Not only into other models but also other products. Of course racing is in our blood here so racing products are taking first priority. We've taken great time with our Can Am products (literally two years in total), but we feel what we're bringing to the table now will be unprecedented and unparalleled.

Hopefully this helps!

sweet keep up the good work and I cant wait to see the new products there is tons of people still coming to can am I hear about a person every dune trip getting a new mav or max !

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Popo has a head start with the rzr. If can am would have come out at the same time they would have held the majority of the market share because of popos poor quality. Look at the xp1000. Those things are junk, look at all the problems people are having with them. Im very happy with my maverick and just figure those aftermarket companies that arent building stuff for it are just losing out on the market.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Talking to my dealer in Greenville tx, he sad they sell 5 mavericks to 1 rzr of any model, they do sell both.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is my own experience. I have owned two razors and ride with a bunch more. That's all we new. While we thought they were the only thing, they did serve us well for the most part. I jumped fence and got me a maverick and to tell you the truth I can't believe it took so long. Just adding accessories and being able to see how things are put together and sealed off is far superior to any Polaris made. Until Polaris makes some drastic changes you will never see me on one again.
Another thing that comes into play is how good the dealers are that sale them. If the dealer don't push them and the other dealer pushes there brand harder that's what will be seen more.
I have the handling and the shocks set just right and now need to work on the clutching and after that it will be as good as it gets for me. Can't believe how well I like it and it cost $1000 less than my 800 Polaris.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yes and it shows, go to a Polaris dealer only and let them know your in the market between a canam and a popo.. watch them build it up quickly, and im mean big time. there just not moving. heck even go into a popo/canam dealer and see how many popo on floor vs canam, even they will try and get you into a popo due to sales pressure from oem and sitting inventory they cant move like they once did. sad part is some can be intimidated and buy for it only to regret it a few weeks later (saw that happen).

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ya your looking at about 9000-10000 on your used machne assuming its low miles and in great shape. u lose 30% of sales price- not including tax and accessories, from day 1 on any machine. try selling your used popo and see what you lose. I can get a base new 13 for 12500 now. if you have a base with under 750 miles yoru looking at 9000

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was initially bummed out about the lack of aftermarket parts for the maverick. I lurked on the rzrforums for years before finally buying a mav. I now realize it just keeps me from buying stuff I don't need. Do we really need 50 different bumpers or roofs? It's nice to have options but there is a ceiling on it. Everything I've needed, I've found.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts