Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to run Amsoil 0w40 4 stoke in the motor and severe gear 75w140 in the chaincase. Is it relly gonna be worth it to spend more on the oil and shipping for the 75w90 for the diffs? Ive been running Valvoline synthetic 75w90 in my brother Gade 800 since we got it without issues and he beats it. We mud/creek ride a fair amount and the rest of the time were hill climbing so I change the diff fluid quite often when were in water. I wanting to run Rotella T6 in the motor because its walmart ready in a bind and cheaper but I had 2 Brute 750s that I absolutely abuse and ran amsoil in them with zero issues, Im a believer in Amsoil but also a believer in not spending more than is necessary. Id like to hear some input from the racers and builders on here. Summertime can reach 95 here and winter can be a few degrees below zero. Ive read every oil thread I can find on here but I cant find a good majority of peoples oil choices.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Im planning to run Amsoil 0w40 4 stoke in the motor and severe gear 75w140 in the chaincase. Is it relly gonna be worth it to spend more on the oil and shipping for the 75w90 for the diffs? Ive been running Valvoline synthetic 75w90 in my brother Gade 800 since we got it without issues and he beats it. We mud/creek ride a fair amount and the rest of the time were hill climbing so I change the diff fluid quite often when were in water. I wanting to run Rotella T6 in the motor because its walmart ready in a bind and cheaper but I had 2 Brute 750s that I absolutely abuse and ran amsoil in them with zero issues, Im a believer in Amsoil but also a believer in not spending more than is necessary. Id like to hear some input from the racers and builders on here. Summertime can reach 95 here and winter can be a few degrees below zero. Ive read every oil thread I can find on here but I cant find a good majority of peoples oil choices.
I feel 75w-140 Severe Gear in the rear diff is a must with the temps they run at. At 10 hours it looked and smelled like BBQ. In the front I used 75w-140 as well since our temps are pretty warm here......splitting hairs between 90w and 140w anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My dealer said any synthetic 5w40 will work

I have lots of Mobil 1 0w40 dealer said not to run it.

I just changed the front and rear diff and Trans oil I put in 75w140 synthetic quakerstste.

The Trans oil was real uglyafter only 300 miles! I an going to change both diff and Trans oil again after another couple hundred miles. Gear oil is too cheap not to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went ahead and put Amsoil 0w40 4 stroke syn in the motor and 75w140 in the chaincase and Valvoline 75w90 in the diffs. But I added a little bit of Lucas full synthetic oil additive in everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts