Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a custom rocker switch from rhino parts. It looks like i gotta buy some slide connectors to mount on the blades of the switch. Or is there a piece that mounts on the back of switch? They were not real helpful when i asked them and i have never done this before.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has wired a Totron light to a rocker switch????? I think I figured it out. I will post what I find out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How many prongs on the back of your switch for wires to hook up?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Non Illuminated switch. +12 VDC to one pole of switch, other pole to red wire on LED bar. Ground black wire.
Illuminated Switch . Same as above however you need a ground to the switch for the switch light.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My switch has 5 poles and is lighted. I will post pics of it this wknd when i install

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The generic harness came with a crappy on/ off switch. To that switch theres a black blue and white wire. Im guessin blk is ground, blue is accessory, white is 12v power?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The generic harness came with a crappy on/ off switch. To that switch theres a black blue and white wire. Im guessin blk is ground, blue is accessory, white is 12v power?
if u want to cut that switch off just do it where it connects into 2 wires and run red/blk from there to ur new rocker marine switch

UTV-INC-NEW-SWITCH-WIRING-DIAGRAM.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got light connected and it works but switch does not illuminate til i turn on the light. This is my diagram that came with switch.
Any Ideas? J66a.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have #7 jumpered over to 8 and nothin connected to #6. everything else is like diagram.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
my light don't come on till I turn the light bar on also

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Benzo, my switches are lit all the time once the key is on. I have a ground jumper to the switch light post on 2 of my aux switches. The 3rd one has a positive jumper, becuase my CVT blower is wired as a ground interupt switch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My switch is suppose to be red/blue combo. I think red when not turned on and blue when light is turned on.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya my blue switch is to bright to be on all the time - kinda bright when I turn it on I might unplug the led , lol - I should of got a amber switch lol

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
My switch is suppose to be red/blue combo. I think red when not turned on and blue when light is turned on.
sounds like thats why u have 5 poles u have 2 diff colored led's ? u need to run two hots to both prongs for red and blue led's ?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yup I jumpered from hot in over to #6 prong on my switch and it is blue when dash lights are on. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok not to hijack but figured it would be better then starting completely new thread over the same thing. I too have a switch from the same place to turn my amp on. I am lost even when reading through this thead. Can someone start from the beginning on how to in stall this 5 pin switch. What kind of wire and what to use to connect to it to the back of the switch. I apologize I just have no clue when it comes to electrical stuff. On the power or hot wore does that mean run it to the positive side of the batt or what ? Losttttt pics would be awesome too, thanks guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts