Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Can-Am scene, and I'm way more familiar with RZR platform. They have a much nicer and more usable storage "bed" versus any Maverick including the new X3. I particularly like the RZR's bed with the dropped section that coolers fit nicely in.

I'm wondering how you X3 riders are securing Yeti-type coolers to your bed/rack whatever its called. I'm not interested in the Can-Am made coolers or any other cooler made for the X3. I have my own coolers that I will be using......just wondering how to secure them. Pictures would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG

You could get some tie tie downs of either style if you don't want to hook directly into to rack with your ratchet strap and go crazy with straps. Nothing worse than seeing a cooler full of beer & samich's all over the trail.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just use ratchet straps and the factory vent holes in bed on all my stuff. I got a Assault soft cooler and tool bag, and if I gotta carry more I use my smaller MX gear bag for sweaters and other stuff. And a couple ratchet straps. Never had a problem. For a while used a blue hard cooler and just packed it to the max with ice and drinks. Then I throw my emptys back into it to try to keep cooler full.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I built an aluminum frame to match the size of a blacksoft cooler and had it powder coated black. I bolted it to the bed and now I can get in the cooler easily without screwing with bungees. Works great. I actually built two and only use one so the other one is for sale

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use an eyebolt with large fender washers with neoprene over them on both sides of a hard arctic cooler. Ratchet straps into the holes in the cooler. Cheap, holds securely and can open the cooler without messing with anything.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I built my own washers and hold downs with rubber as mentioned to adapt my UTV inc 24 cooler rak from my rzr xpt, It doesn't even wiggle

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I liked the first one but damn that's pricey. No way I could justify that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
HMF makes a rack that goes in the bed. Looks like it would make the bed use similar to a rzr and allow a place to tie a cooler down. I've got one on the way and will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Either retractable ratchet straps or I like using the Yeti Hopper 30 on the back. Works great and it isn't as bulky as my other full size Yeti's

·
Registered
111 Posts
Isota told me they were working on an x3 bed box.. hope its tapered and semi low profile. these things have shelves not beds..lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts