Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Quick fix is the spacers; realize they are a fix not a solution. Slow go and don't force it, you will be increasing leverage and scrub radius which are not your friends.

Yes they work! Used them on a YXZ for a year and they were never loose.

Dwayne

Registered
Stock off-set will make the tire rubbing worse. You will be bringing the tire inward when it needs to go out more.

OP - the easiest solution would be to go to a 32" tire.
Or a 4+3 wheel and trim the skid if you want to stay on a 33鈥.

Registered
Or a 4+3 wheel and trim the skid if you want to stay on a 33鈥.
With a 64鈥 model you could get away with that offset and the steering would not be completely miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I have 32鈥 Chicanes on STI 5+2 wheels on my XDS max with the Fox tune. They rub when I crank the wheel and the front dips, not a lot, but I worry about it over time. Since I just bought the tire/beadlock wheel combo a few months ago Im not anxious about switching to 4+3s unless I know for sure it鈥檒l fix it. Considering Metal inner fender liners, anybody had success with that dealing with tire rub?

Registered
I have 32鈥 Chicanes on STI 5+2 wheels on my XDS max with the Fox tune. They rub when I crank the wheel and the front dips, not a lot, but I worry about it over time. Since I just bought the tire/beadlock wheel combo a few months ago Im not anxious about switching to 4+3s unless I know for sure it鈥檒l fix it. Considering Metal inner fender liners, anybody had success with that dealing with tire rub?
Metal wheel well liners sound better than rubbing rubber on plastic molded fender wells to me. Lol both figuratively and or physically! Lol Also, might be a better alternative to the other solutions like smaller tires, replacing your suspension or even throwing the comparatively affordable wheel extensions on there.

I'm kinda bummed hearing that your 32s also rub on your DS. At least I know now to stop and settle on 31 inchers for mine when I do go shopping. Heck, I won't even bother with getting bigger 15" rims for that little difference between the stock 29s and new 31 inchers!

Y'all is saving me money now! I do appreciate you being able to share your pain. Hopefully there is some satisfaction in knowing that you are actually benefiting a lot of people coming up behind you here.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts