Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new machine, outlined in the title. I want to install my GPS unit on the centre console, which is easy enough to do, however, I have no idea how to connect the GPS to the machine to power it up.

MY GPS is a Garmin Montana 680t and it sits inside a AMPS rugged mount with power/audio cable.

I am new to this, all help is much appreciated. I have no idea the names of all the parts and bits and bobs on the machine either - please be descriptive and detailed ;-)

Circuit component Audio equipment Font Material property Electronic component

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,593 Posts
welcome! connect to the bus bar that earl is describing. that way it will only come on, when the machine is on and wont drain your battery.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Welcome from the infamous Pacific NW
The dunes are great though!

Make sure when connecting to the buss bar it's the "switched" positive pole, not the constant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from the infamous Pacific NW
The dunes are great though!

Make sure when connecting to the buss bar it's the "switched" positive pole, not the constant.
Can you tell me which one that is?
I am new to all of this.
If you have a picture that would be perfect.
Do I have to disconnect the main battery for the vehicle when I connect the sat nav to the bus bar?

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,189 Posts
I am new to all of this.
Do I have to disconnect the main battery for the vehicle when I connect the sat nav to the bus bar?
I don't recall which is which, just use a voltmeter so you are sure what's what. You have 1 ground, 1 hot all the time and 1 switched power on that set of terminals.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I am new to all of this.
They’re labeled, just have to look at the wires coming in to the bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts