Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a harness bar and harnesses coming Friday from AReed and have a question: how the hell when you remove the factory belts do you disable the stupid safety feature that limits RPMs when the driver belt isn't latched? I tried unplugging the wire that goes to it and that didn't do. So I'm assuming ya gotta jump some wires in the plug somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Jump the wires. Or you can take the seat belt latch apart tape the switch closed. I cut mine tied the wires together with a toggle switch hidden under the seat. Now when I get out I can flip the switch and if I happen to leave the key in it and one of my buddies hops in they aren't going anywhere fast.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it, thx. And good idea. Lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
take the 2 wires, and get you a blue scotch lock and just connect them that way, done!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Cut the plug off and connect the two wires together. Done. I just used a crimp butt connector wraped it with some electrical tape and zip tied it to the CVT vent tube.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well what I did cuz I didn't want to cut the factory harness was took a 2" piece of stainless safety wire bent in half, skeeted the holes with dielectric grease, inserted the wire all the way in. Then I took a piece of waterproof heat shrink and slid it over the connector all the way inside the little waterproof boot on the plug. Cut the heat shrink so it stuck off about 3/4 inch. Heated it up so the gluey stuff would melt and squished it together so it would stick to itself and glue shut. Voila!

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I cut and spliced mine since I will never go back to the stock seat belts but if you don't want to cut the wire, Dragonfire sells a plug in connector with a jumper wire for around $12.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a tune monster ecu, not a factory ecu but I solved the problem a few replies up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I cut and spliced mine since I will never go back to the stock seat belts but if you don't want to cut the wire, Dragonfire sells a plug in connector with a jumper wire for around $12.
That's what I did also. No reason to ever go backwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it really worth all this trouble? I simply ran the seatbelt behind my seat, and plugged it back in. Now everything is out of my way and i dont have to worry with it..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is minimal trouble at best. Imagine how much time u waste every time u pull ur seats out and put them back in only to realize the stupid latch has fallen down beside the seat. Obviously if you latch it behind the seat it won't do that but it's still in the way and is unnecessary if ur installing harnesses as I am.

Is it really worth all this trouble? I simply ran the seatbelt behind my seat, and plugged it back in. Now everything is out of my way and i dont have to worry with it..
That's what I'm doing too.

We are using harnesses and taking stock belts out

XPEE1k killer

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your like me and don't mind seatbelt but hate that safety feature dragonfire sells a seatbelt override that plugs right in to the sensor theand still allows use of seatbelt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If your like me and don't mind seatbelt but hate that safety feature dragonfire sells a seatbelt override that plugs right in to the sensor theand still allows use of seatbelt.
Is it a paperclip? And does it look something like this?
View attachment 11579

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I liked the price on snipping an unneccasary plug and wire off. Free.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought it off motorcycle superstore with some other stuff so shipping was essentially free. But ya it would have cost me 100 bucks to get if from them to Canada lol. Insane

1 - 20 of 21 Posts