Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Last night I glossed over the first video, but today I watched both videos much more carefully and analytically.

All I see is good men trying to have offroading fun just like most men do. The breakage was probably because there is dead wood and logs lying everywhere. When it happened, all these men helped each other with camraderie, and 2 of them tried to fix it with tools and hard work. They did about 100 times more than I would do to fix it, that's for sure.

I saw NOTHING that I would judge these men on. I'm thankful for the high quality videos, the annotations in the videos, the beautiful scenery, the GoPro cameras, and showing all of us what it can be like riding in a thick forest.

Maybe the TITLE of the topic is what swayed some people's perceptions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Last night I glossed over the first video, but today I watched both videos much more carefully and analytically.

All I see is good men trying to have offroading fun just like most men do. The breakage was probably because there is dead wood and logs lying everywhere. When it happened, all these men helped each other with camraderie, and 2 of them tried to fix it with tools and hard work. They did about 100 times more than I would do to fix it, that's for sure.

I saw NOTHING that I would judge these men on. I'm thankful for the high quality videos, the annotations in the videos, the beautiful scenery, the GoPro cameras, and showing all of us what it can be like riding in a thick forest.

Maybe the TITLE of the topic is what swayed some people's perceptions.
Ok, you win like cool guy of the month in my book.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
TigerTanker, love your videos, attitude and friends, wish I lived out west and could ride with you guys. Looking forward to your next video.
Thank you so much. My friends and I routinely entertain out of state visitors!

Attitude, friends...The West...

You just describe what saved me from insanity in this Covid year. Back in early April, every single riding area was closed in our State because the only available properties were run by the state, which closed all of the outdoors here. The federal properties, USFS were closed due to snow. So, we found a Beureau of Land Management property (Feds) that was open, it's in the Desert of Washington State...yes, in the east of the state we actually have a desert!

We'd only been out with the CanAm one time, so this was the second outing. We hauled it out along with the dirt bikes and had a 3 day Coronavirus party..... real DUDE stuff. I made a video for it and had recently found a band, Marlboro Men, that seemed to fit the Western Theme. The band found out that we used their music and cheerfully supported us and then used parts of the video to promote their album. From April through August we did one camping/ride trip after the next, with groups of 10-30 every other weekend pretty much.

For a year that should have been TERRIBLE, we got through it. And yes, it was having the right attitude and good friends.

Here's a couple of my favorite videos, the first includes some CanAm footage, from this ride season and exclusively has Marlboro Men music. The band is from Australia, they reside in Switzerland. In video two, the rider that crashes on the pavement only suffered major body raspberries.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Didn’t destroy her this time. Vantage Washington State. Amazing venue for utv. Almost unlimited amounts of miles. In the Columbia River Gorge. We rode 85 miles and went from 300 vert to 5000 and 2 feet of snow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great video, GoPro 9 is amazing, wish I had one. I really appreciate the pictures and video you uploaded, allows those of us confined to the East Coast to admire the beauty out west. Looking forward to the next one of your rides.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's a couple of my favorite videos, the first includes some CanAm footage, from this ride season and exclusively has Marlboro Men music. The band is from Australia, they reside in Switzerland. In video two, the rider that crashes on the pavement only suffered major body raspberries.
I never saw the Marlboro Men video until today. The video really fits the song!!

Haha!! I like that "hold me closer Tony Danza" phrase at the end. That caught me by surprise.

Reactions: TigerTanker
21 - 36 of 36 Posts