Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I like the video, the hillclimb reminded me of my first day out on mine. I did a hillclimb and didn't make it, tried backing down to get another run, got a little off camber and tipped it over, super slow, like .5 mph but I could feel it slowly go over. I don't love hill climbs for that reason... It was also cool seeing the intro, very familiar roads to me but I bet people across the country have no idea what eastern WA looks like! Keep on keeping on!!!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
One other thing I'll mention about your vids, and a positive thing I have seen on this forum, everyone is wearing helmets. My whole family wear helmets but almost no one I ride with wear helmets. I get that we have cages but I don't want to rap my head on the ground or a bar if we go over...

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,169 Posts
^^^ Agreed, noticed that on these vids. This one showing passenger wearing trials style helmet with similar graphics to the Oneal Volt helmet (Gulf livery) which you mentioned in a helmet related topic. BTW, I did order one from Germany which took a month to arrive.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
BTW, I did order one from Germany which took a month to arrive.
Nice! I hope it had enough room for your in-helmet speaker. We really like ours, we have college kids so I ended up buying 5 helmets. We look like a race team or something 🤣

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,169 Posts
^^^ Nope, no ear pockets, so no room for speakers but enough room for my molded stereo (acoustic tube style) earbuds along with the boom mic normally used with in-helmet speakers. I'll use the Oneal when not needing my modular (flip chin guard) HJC helmet equipped with speakers/mic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ Agreed, noticed that on these vids. This one showing passenger wearing trials style helmet with similar graphics to the Oneal Volt helmet (Gulf livery) which you mentioned in a helmet related topic. BTW, I did order one from Germany which took a month to arrive.
Have you seen my helmet video?

Airoh helmets are the best for off road, hands down...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One other thing I'll mention about your vids, and a positive thing I have seen on this forum, everyone is wearing helmets. My whole family wear helmets but almost no one I ride with wear helmets. I get that we have cages but I don't want to rap my head on the ground or a bar if we go over...
In my video I smashed the heck out of my thumb. I realized that my helmet which has a chin mounted GoPro hit my thumb. My gloves are the HexArmor Chrome series that have upper hand protection with rubber exoskeleton. If it wasn't for the rubber protection on my thumb I can only imagine how bad the damage might have been. HexArmor gloves are the best gloves a guy can get for off road use! And at about 40-50 bucks, they are priced right! They have at least 100 different safety gloves and I've tried a bunch of them. Not only are they great for safety, they wash in the machine, and they last a very long time. I bought them after I shattered my ring finger in a loading accident...

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,169 Posts
The Airoh half helmet worn by your buddy shown 3:04 mins in looks virtually identical to our mentioned Oneal Volt. Might be same China mfr, branded as Airoh or Oneal. Features same Euro style chinstrap ratchet release mechanism found on German Schuberth street helmets plus a 2-position integrated sun visor. Just now found and watched your helmet comparo vid and the Airoh trials helmet discussed 5 mins in looks like the Oneal. For me, no mx or dual sport riding, so prefer open half helmet or modular flip chin guard style for better visibility and airflow inside the car.

For gloves, my buddy and I like these inexpensive fingerless gloves which work great with touchscreen nav tablets plus good traction on steering wheel. Machine washable too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great videos. Nice carpeting your office too. Eastern Wa is awesome. I'm in NY and our daughter almost 10 years ago headed out to attend WSU in Pullman, the Palouse. Such an incredible place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great video again and I love the scenery on the ride up as well. CT Race Worx makes some great products and I'm glad you made it back on your own power, you and the X3.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And made a rock video for an upcoming Georgia band....
CanAm crash in the dunes apparently severely damaged the radiator, so replacing that. The new A arms installed... looking forward to taking Fritz out for a spin soon. We have a forested, muddy, wet venue around here that is actually pretty good and getting better all the time due to heavy investment of time by local jeepers.

If you like Southern Rock, you might just have found a new favorite band... listen to this one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Intense video on the hill! Cant believe how well that can am took the launch to. Makes me eant some ct swag on my new x3!

Im from richland, every time I tell someone im fr washington they think of seattle, the dry side can be gorgeous though!

·
Registered
2020 X3 RC Turbo RR
78 Posts
I've been to Beverly but had no idea that this area was directly across the canyon. We will definitely be taking the SXS here for some fun.
We have also talked about Juniper dunes but never been there. This video makes it official.........We will also be going to Juniper

1 - 20 of 20 Posts