Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my 10 hour service. Everything is complete with the exception of cleaning the speed sensor. How do you clean the speed sensor?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Brake clean ? Idk but u will have a answer shortly

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
292 Posts
All I do is take it out, wipe it real good and re-install.Cleaning it isn't a big deal,its taking it out that is the pain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
he Honda Speed Sensor's main purpose is to transmit speed data to the TCU, ECU, speedometer gauge and the cruise control unit. It is reading the frequency of a bobbin that is attached to upper casing that speeds past the pickup sensor. The bobbin is a cylindrical or spool-shaped coil or insulated wire, usually containing a core of soft iron which becomes magnetic when the wire is traversed by an electrical current.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
from another forum

Vss is located on the right housing of gear box behind actuator.To get at it remove pass seat side console cover and the fuel tank cover (plastic thing) it has a red wire,a white wire, and a black/green wire.

And.without a tiny torx bit and a wrench, your going to have to remove the 4x4 actuator which kinda sucks, and you'll have to refill your gearbox afterward as well if you remove the actuator . Gearwrench makes a small set that should do the trick, I got it at sears just so happens I left it at work when I did mine. I just followed the instructions in the shop manual, which I believe is still on this site somewhere....

Be sure to engage 4 wheel drive before removing the actuator. Then be careful to align the pin into the fork on the actuator. With the actuator in place, check to be sure 4 wheel drive disengages before you bolt everything back up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just tried to install the actuator and it wont fit. I had put it in 4x4 prior to removal but something is wrong. The forks ar facing forward but the pin is near the bottom. It kind of twisted (spring-loaded?) when I removed it but there is no way i can get it to align now.
Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts