Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Great. That should greatly help me! Thank you. They have the resistors on both the power sides before the bulbs. Can you see enough to verify if the power is the small side of the led. I am pretty sure the small side is power and big side is ground.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry, I put it back together already. If you still need it, I can take it back apart and try to determine which leg is on the diode.

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
I got it figured out. I appreciate the help !

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the write up and pics. I ordered my blue LEDs on Tuesday and was going to just wing it trying to install them when they come in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are the leds needed actually 12v or the more common 3.5 input voltage ones?
I ordered 5 mm 12 Volt Blue LED's with White Diffused Lens bulbs

Just wanted to give my own personal update. I struggled with my first switch to get it to light, tore it apart 5x minimum, when I was sealing switch up I believe that the spring wasn't going in the "cup" to make contact, double check that. I just have to tackle the sport/low switch but made some upgrades, I'll add another pic when they are installed later in the week. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Finished project....... For now :)

Attachments

Reactions: killnature

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
No, these need external resistors. You need to find some that are direct 12V compatible without the need of a current limiting resistor.

They are much harder to find than regular LEDs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the write up! For the Sport/Eco switch, do I need those resistors in place? I don't need both top and bottom lights to light up at the same time like it does stock. So can I just take everything out and insert new bulbs in there like I did the other switches?

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Currently working on changing all mine to blue. Started with changing the cluster to blue.

4 lights on the cluster then moved on to the switches.

For the cluster I used these lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just got mine done in my 2016 XC. It was very easy. White looks good and matches the rest of the machine. I want to give a word of wisdom since it wasn't included in the original post. The Sport Mode Switch has two resistors since the LEDs in that switch aren't 12 volt leds. The resistors drop the current so the 3 volt leds will work. So when putting these 12 volt leds in place, cut the wire right before the resistor and place that wire and the wire from the new 12 volt led in the same place. They both need to make contact or you will have problems.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I started the project and it didn't go as smoothly as I hoped. I am still going to complete it as I like the way it looks.

Till then I have messed up the wiring for the factory head light switch on my X3 RCR. I need a picture of the wiring going into the back of the factory switch. Could anyone provide me a snap shot of the wires?

Help would be appreciated.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts