Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has done this lift and adjusted to get somewhat of a stock ride back. It's not unbearable but it is a bit stiffer now. What do I need to do exactly to my shocks? I just don't want to over adjust or screw up anything .... Thanx

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I would loosen the compression adjuster up all the way and start with that. I'm not sure how they're mounted and if it changes the leverage but changing the springs could get you where you need to be without going into the shocks and doing anything crazy.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
As I recall the Super ATV lift kit moves the top shock mounts out from their original locations requiring a softer spring setup.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ! That's what I figured , just wanted a second opinion . I'll move them up a bit and try it out . I'm running on 29.5 outlaw 2s and really don't want to lose stability coming out of bad holes and climbing small hills. I see some guys are disconnecting there sway bar ... Opinions??

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks guys ! That's what I figured , just wanted a second opinion . I'll move them up a bit and try it out . I'm running on 29.5 outlaw 2s and really don't want to lose stability coming out of bad holes and climbing small hills. I see some guys are disconnecting there sway bar ... Opinions??
Keep in mind that going with softer springs will take away some of the lift the kit gave you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts