Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
STMs recommended setup should be close but at this point I think you are more concerned about nothing breaking right away. New belt or not it should shift easily if the deflection is set properly. Ultimately you will probably need to tweak the setup a bit to get it perfect.

Regarding your stock clutches, it sounds like you got some sand in there and it chewed up your clutch sheaves. It is very important to keep stuff out of there or you will chew up the clutches and your belt very quickly

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy, I think he is talkin about shifting into gear, not upshifting in the secondary. If the dealer added 2 shims like you said swank, it sould go into gear alot easier. I had the same issue with my qsc.
gotcha....That's what I was also referring too. adding the shims will loosen the belt tension and keep it from trying to spin the secondary at idle.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Andy hit it on the nose.... I was a scared lil girl
I took her out last nite n she did great. At first outta the whole it's was jumping to 7200rpm I was so impressed with the way it felt I was happy with 7200 then talked to Kris n he said that was low. After talking to him a little we figured out I'm a moron n I needed to drop it into low n hit my sport bypass as the clutches were tuned for low / with bypass on. Anyway shes All Good Now. Thanks Heavy, you have answered A Lot of questions for me ( reading through your threads n answering questions I post ) and I really appreciate that. I wish we had some more guys like you on the East coast. I can say you could make some money here. And to who ever says they can't get a hold of Kris hasn't really tried. Yea it may take some time to get back to ya but he does when he is free. 8:00 last night he was on the phone with me n when I had my bearing issue he was on the phone with me and this was two months after I bought the clutches.
Thanks man….I believe in what comes around goes around. I help where I can and learn from others where I am lacking……glad she is dialed in for you now :smile:

Reactions: LBSwank
1 - 3 of 3 Posts