Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
421 - 440 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
I lost 13 hp from stock and he beat me barely by a car...if I'm just back to stock then its on...too bad all the other stock Mavs are afraid to step up .....Benzo...lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
From the day mine was new it would only hit 7500 rpm at 4500' elevation. That is with all stock clutching. I kept the stock clutches and milled the weights lighter for altitude and with the help of a forum member got mine to run at 8000 rpm all the time and it is bad ass fast. I think some of the reason is bad info and not understanding what to hear for and feel for when the car is being tested. They just read the tach and bam it's good or it's bad. I raced snow machines for ten years and I understand clutching. I am not so sure very many folks that ride these or work on them understand what to look for in clutching. The way mine runs I can't understand why people need a different clutch than the one that comes on it. I expect to get flamed but just saying.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
No flaming necessary but bone stock my car ran 8000 rpms at 3500 ft in Az. Going to 4000 to 4500 ft if I remember I drop to 7900 with stock clutching. My car power loss was nothing clutching could ever fix

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I lost 13 hp from stock and he beat me barely by a car...if I'm just back to stock then its on...too bad all the other stock Mavs are afraid to step up .....Benzo...lol
lol we go on off weekends and u guys go on big weekens , ill be there the 21st ! and maybe this weekend

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
your a good sport...

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Problem has been solved!!!! The maverick loss of power and dropping rpm issue was finally fix and I verified it today. Fernando Pelaez at Del Amo Motorsport after 2 weeks of complete mechanical testing of the motor, fuel pump, injectors, etc fixed the issue. All the mechanical components of the car checked out fine. The leak down test, compression testing, fuel pump, valves etc...are all within spec. The problem seem to be a dirty intake sensors and then having the ECU reset to match the new sensor input (Throttle Body, and other stuff I don't understand). The car now runs constantly on the rev limiter due to the light weight adjustments that were made on the clutch. Adam and Jason will fix the clutch now that the car has its power back. $600.00 later Del Motorsports came through and after eliminating any other problems from the equation got the issue resolved. Fernando Palaez is Pablo's race mechanical and a certified BRP trained tech at the dealership. I've dealt with Fernando, Nick and George a lot over the years and they are the only team at any BRP dealership that I trust with my cars because of their knowledge and determination to fix a problem.
Charles can you be more specific on the sensor location? Sounds like something that needs to cleaned regularly. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Charles can you be more specific on the sensor location? Sounds like something that needs to cleaned regularly. Thanks
I don't know the location but I think its inside the intake plenum if it is the same as the commander. Even if you clean it someone that has the budds system has to reset the ecu and clear old values n recalibrate the tbs.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Ok, I'll see if I can get Del Amo to do this. After that, maybe just a periodic cleaning will keep this from happening.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Problem has been solved!!!! The maverick loss of power and dropping rpm issue was finally fix and I verified it today. Fernando Pelaez at Del Amo Motorsport after 2 weeks of complete mechanical testing of the motor, fuel pump, injectors, etc fixed the issue. All the mechanical components of the car checked out fine. The leak down test, compression testing, fuel pump, valves etc...are all within spec. The problem seem to be a dirty intake sensors and then having the ECU reset to match the new sensor input (Throttle Body, and other stuff I don't understand). The car now runs constantly on the rev limiter due to the light weight adjustments that were made on the clutch. Adam and Jason will fix the clutch now that the car has its power back. $600.00 later Del Motorsports came through and after eliminating any other problems from the equation got the issue resolved. Fernando Palaez is Pablo's race mechanical and a certified BRP trained tech at the dealership. I've dealt with Fernando, Nick and George a lot over the years and they are the only team at any BRP dealership that I trust with my cars because of their knowledge and determination to fix a problem.
maybe the open intake gets the sensors dirty , keep a can of MAF sensor cleaing chit in the glove box , lol

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
Just get it dialed in so when we race it is good to go.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Last time I got in mine, it hit 8050 rpms...

·
Registered
158 Posts
The same here 8050 rpm

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just a thought but , I take it the ECU uses air intake temp to fine adjust fuelling and timing also?
Might be a long shot ,
Dirty or faulty ITS ?
I've heard of people running resistors? on intake temp sensors to fool the computer into thinking it's getting cooler air than it actually is hence the computer adjusts accordingly adding fuel and or timing. I wouldn't do this but I found it interesting how it could effect performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Could have saved you $ 600 lol. Jokes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you pull off the dash panel in the middle you will see the sensor in the intake plenum coming in from the top between throttle body and engine.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
Unfortunately some of you are only looking at the sensor. The ECU still has to be reset and other values cleared and some other stuff re-calibrated. I don't know all the other details but this ECU is more complicated then I initially thought and evidently if you don't have a BUDDs computer you can't do it.

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
What a pain in the ass, if you have to take it in to have the ECU flashed everytime you replace a bad sensor.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
854 Posts
What a pain in the ass, if you have to take it in to have the ECU flashed every time you replace a bad sensor.
Never said anything about replacing a sensor, said cleaning it and resetting the Values In the ecu with the budds system. If the popo had things like knock sensor n other safety sensors maybe they could build motors that dont blow up

421 - 440 of 459 Posts