Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm wondering if the heat in the clutch is making that spring worse at times cause I was riding real slow on a trail for a few miles and when I got to the dirt road and pinned it is when I really noticed it not pulling hard.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You guys are funny! Do u not know what torque is and a clean smooth linear power curve ! The hi revving xp may have the seat of the pants feel, but race one and you will see the power is just so linear you don't realize this thing is haulin ass!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
No, it aint funny. When racing 2 other Mavericks side by side, and the other 2 are pulling away, one with oem primary clutch, and stock secondary spring, the other with same CV-tech primary clutch, and Dalton secondary spring that I'm running, something aint right.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My first run to 76 mph with mine held a steady 7800 rpm with a passenger. I did not notice or hear any drop in rpm from 20mph to the top speed (at that point it crept to ~8000). It got to 70ish relatively quick, then slowly climbed from there.

Conditions were 40 degrees F, flat blacktop road.

·
Registered
998 Posts
My first run to 76 mph with mine held a steady 7800 rpm with a passenger. I did not notice or hear any drop in rpm from 20mph to the top speed (at that point it crept to ~8000). It got to 70ish relatively quick, then slowly climbed from there.

Conditions were 40 degrees F, flat blacktop road.
See some mavericks (mine included) will not do that.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Im havin trouble with mine again.. And you guys are correct... To me it comes alive at 7600. I thought mine was dialed but had to put a starter on and when i reinstalled everything three i get nothin but inconsistent RPM after shift out... I think i have a rouge spring? Doesnt make since ... Nothing has changed

·
Registered
998 Posts
Are you running the factory secondary spring? I think some mavs have bum springs and its throwing the clutching way off on the big end. I've been cruising along and floored mine and seen the rpms drop to as low as 6700 rpm

·
Registered
81 Posts
Agree, right around the 7600 rpm it even sounds different. Kind of reminds me of an old two stroke coming on pipe.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Agreed, some mavericks have a bad clutch spring or something. USAguy watched my video and said his done the same thing and that the spring adam sold him fixed it, so we'll see how it goes this weekend

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a vid on here in one of ur posts how mine WAS running- shift out at 8000 then back to 7750 then pull back up to 8000 at 78 MPH. Im running CV tech Primary and different Torsional Spring in Secondary... Im sure its something little for me-like i said hoping just bum spring-

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
if your is only going to 7000 rpms and not any higher then ya something is wrong, !

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have Airdams set up primary, with the STM secondary and I RARELY see anything over 7800. When climbing a hill in sand I see 7000-7200. I know the power is up top and wish mine would be in "the sweet spot".

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'll see 7800-7900 on intial takeoff and then it starts dropping like a rock and then by 50 mph the clutch is shifted out and im down to 7300 rpm. Sounds like you need to adjust on some clutch weights maybe and go from there

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hmm, mine makes a rattle sound from one of the heat shields in the console area. Could be where your noise is coming from but it's hard to really say without me being there

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey guys I was wondering out of all of you having these issues did anyone use the grey key until 10 hours like my dealer has told me to do. Or did you guys just start hammering down after 5 minutes? Im still working on my 10 hours and using the grey key that feels like it has 20hp.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine bolts up to 7800 rpm, then drops around 50 mph and slowly climbs back to 8000 at 75 mph. (which is 72 by GPS)

·
Registered
969 Posts
hey guys I was wondering out of all of you having these issues did anyone use the grey key until 10 hours like my dealer has told me to do. Or did you guys just start hammering down after 5 minutes? Im still working on my 10 hours and using the grey key that feels like it has 20hp.
I would use the black key myself.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I'll see 7800-7900 on intial takeoff and then it starts dropping like a rock and then by 50 mph the clutch is shifted out and im down to 7300 rpm. Sounds like you need to adjust on some clutch weights maybe and go from there
C.moore yours and mine sounds the same. I cane hear mine shift out around 50, sounds like it just falls open and loses all rpm.

21 - 40 of 459 Posts