Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said canam has never heard of this clutch problem with the rpm's and the early shift out. Have any of you said anything about it to your dealer?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I did. Got the secondary spring and bolt replaced under warranty. I did buy the black/violet spring as a backup in case this spring wears out too.

At first they said that the RPM drop was normal and then I took a video and sent it to them, along with a video of another maverick with the rpms acting normally ( I believe I sent them Cmoore's video right after he got his airdam spring put in). They couldn't deny the problem them and got it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a new stock secondary spring in and still shit. I just got to the dealer now for them to go thru the clutches. But if canAm says they no nothing then how do they find the actual problem

·
Registered
461 Posts
Might be something else going in with your clutch. I know my issue was solved with a new spring. Definitely have them check it out. As long as there isn't any mud in there or signs of neglect they should cover it as long as you're within your 6 months.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea no mud in there, I don't ride in mud or should I say deep mud. And it's done it since day one.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's only 2 of us that told there dealer/canam about the rpm drop at 45-50 and the fact it won't pull rpm at all!!!!. No wonder canam won't be able to fix it if no one is sayin anything...wtf

·
Registered
998 Posts
I havent had any trouble of my new spring through airdam, as crazy as this may sound, check your post foam filter, mine was covered in oil beyond belief. It wouldnt hurt to clean it and oil it properly

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C.moore, I did that befor I even rode it. Actually my mav runs better without the post filter, but still not like it should. Sucks that a bunch of us didn't take them to the dealer along time ago, maybe we would all know whats the cause!!

Also c.moore I feel that spring is just a bandaid for whats really causing are problem. There's gotta be some part of the clutch that got messed up in molding and a bunch got let thru the line. That's the only thing I can think that happened cause some are spot on from stock and others are shit!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I got mine running real good, going this weekend for a longer test ride.Sorry for the video, my phone died and it shut down, it runs real good, no over rev and hitting 8050 max. I need more time to really test it, but overall it looks and feels good. I just got my clutch on so I didn't want to launch it too hard, that is why i hit it at first, let off and hit it again. it comes out strong.

·
Registered
998 Posts
St222 what is your elevation? I know mine is around 200-300 ft above, I can also purchase ethanol free 93 gas as well .. A lot of variables but on average I see around 7900-7950 with a drop to 7750 when my clutch shifts out at 53 or so mph

·
Registered
998 Posts
But no doubt the factory clutch is junk and I agree the spring is more of a bandaid fix then anything, canam
Should go back to the drawing board and come up With a fixed design vs this two piece primary that obviously ain't holding the power

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a brand-new XXC and the RPMs doesn't go past 6000.
Also the top speed doesn't go past 65 kph (40 mph). The dealer swears that's ok and that there's no limiter (even in the break-in period).

Any thoughts? How is your maverick running?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Also the top speed doesn't go past 65 kph (40 mph). The dealer swears that's ok and that there's no limiter (even in the break-in period).

Dealer is an idiot you def have an issue there. That thing should hit 8000rpms and top over 70mph brand new. Make sure your belt is ok and that all clutch updates are done. The primary bolt and secondary bolt recalls. Sound like clutch isn't shifting all the way out. I know some guys had issues with sticky arms in the primary. If you can pull them off and check them. Your dealer sounds like he doesn't know what there doing or don't want to mess with it. Take it to a different dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
293 Posts

You sure the dealer didnt program your key wrong? Sounds like the non-performance aka grey key

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
You got he wrong key or they didn't program them right.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just took mine and my brothers Mavericks XRS in and they both have the same problem not reving up, We will get 7700 off the line and then it drops to 7300 rpm so the dealer has had them for a few days now and Im still waiting to see what they find!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I put the Dalton in mine so far it helped with the fade but I only see 7600 tops and dam it I want 8000 im ordering a different spring I hope it works I ride at 4000 feet and then at sealevel so the right set up is guna bee tough I knew about this before I bought it I rolled the dice and lost o well . I bet 8000 is sooooo awesome

·
Registered
249 Posts
Knowing what little I do about clutches, if it won't hit the RPM initially, that is a weight problem in the primary which usually shows too much weight. If it won't hold the RPM's, that is a spring problem or wrong Helix angle in the secondary. Correct me if I am wrong?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts