Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got about 1500 in the rocky mountains. They're called rocky for a reason! And I beat the crap out of it. Had the left rear beadlock ring just about fall off with 80ish miles on it. Tightened that up and really haven't had any issues I didn't ask for. Finally bent a tie rod at about 1k miles from smacking a rock that was about a foot tall. Think I bent the wheel too. And since then my steering seams slightly odd. Possible slack in the steering rack?? And the rear a arm bushings are getting worn. Clutches and belt are still in great shape!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think it's time to bump this thread. I got over 1400 on mine now. Just changed the belt and still going strong.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
Just went past 1400 miles xds turbo. Last ride was 92 miles straight through without shutting off the machine.

Everything from dirt roads to rocky crawling sections. Machine had 300 lbs of gear and me at 310 lbs and my son at 240 lbs. Tim

Reactions: DesertTarantula

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
2000 miles replaced - bushings,steering rack,rear propeller shaft,hiems on aftermarket rods,just ordered - ball joints and brake pads. Self abuse - 2 sets of front a arms,rock sliders and remounted a arm skids at least 2 times. Not complaining overall very happy and I think it's a very reliable machine. You have to pay to play.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
2000 miles replaced - bushings,steering rack,rear propeller shaft,hiems on aftermarket rods,just ordered - ball joints and brake pads. Self abuse - 2 sets of front a arms,rock sliders and remounted a arm skids at least 2 times. Not complaining overall very happy and I think it's a very reliable machine. You have to pay to play.
sounds like you own a Polaris! LOL!

·
Registered
383 Posts
2100 miles on my '14 XRS that I haven't had a year yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought my 14 XRS in Sept, have about 3200 miles and the only thing I have done to it is put gas in it. It will need tires soon.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just went past 1400 miles xds turbo. Last ride was 92 miles straight through without shutting off the machine.

Everything from dirt roads to rocky crawling sections. Machine had 300 lbs of gear and me at 310 lbs and my son at 240 lbs. Tim
BAD AZZZ !!!! That's awesome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got over 1500 and bought it on Labor Day last year. Just got it back from dealer for bad seals in rear of tranny and rear diff. Covered under warranty. Been pretty much gas and go while scaring the shit out of the family at all times. Love the sound of blasting trails all day.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I need to get more use out of mine, bought march of 2014 only 450miles on it,, sad sad

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Bought July of last year and only 29 hours :( Not sure of miles. I have been accused of tinkering with it more than riding it but in my defense I'm only stateside 5-7 months a year.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I might have the lowest, 2013 with 1000 miles but I can see its gonna last a few years

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sold my xrs max with 1700 miles on it broke left front axle and front diff, more my fault than anything. Other than that no problems...ran the shit out of it in the Rocky Mountains and Moab. Couple trips to cinders.i have just over 100 on my t- max.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts