Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
IMG_20140202_102115.jpg I have a spare one in my mav
With mi tool box

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Check the width if it's within spec keep running it. As long as it looks good. But I would get a new one and keep it with me just incase.

Reactions: maverick x rs

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
while you have everything open to check it, clean your clutches if you haven't previously. I would then put on your new belt and break it in and then put the original belt back on before bolting everything back up for good. That way if you do end up changing it on the side of the road, it is broken in an you can thrash on it from the get go....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Check the width if it's within spec keep running it. As long as it looks good. But I would get a new one and keep it with me just incase.
By the way, what exactly is the width spec range on these belts?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had 1300 miles on mine when I had an accident this past October. When I had the repair work done, I had the belt replaced. The "used" belt looked perfect according to the service tech. But since it was covered under the insurance I had it replaced anyway. Now my "old" belt is my replacement belt.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
No problem!

990 miles on the first belt and it look slightly questionable, so we swapped it. The new one had 1220 miles on it when the secondary let go. STM secondary and a Gates C12 in there for the past 250 miles.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
No problem!

990 miles on the first belt and it look slightly questionable, so we swapped it. The new one had 1220 miles on it when the secondary let go. STM secondary and a Gates C12 in there for the past 250 miles.
dude....where do you find the time to drive so much! I am jealous :tongue:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so you are doing a lot of trail type riding then? I usually only get out for a half a day at a time and most of that is technical or track type riding......I have only had it on the trails about 3 times......can't wait for spring/summer and taking some time off to get out in the woods for a week or so amdreally put some miles on it....what are you averaging for mileage?

·
Registered
492 Posts
When riding near home it's half days of wooded trail riding or fast gravel forest roads. Desert is usually either wide open or gravel highways. Do some dune stuff too once or twice a year. Fuel economy? 10-19 mpg depending.

Where you at in ID? Thinking about St Anthony's or Island Park in Sept for a couple of days on the way over to Cody.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Im in the Boise area......but want to plan a few trips over to St. Anthony's this year......give me a holler when you are heading over and i will see if I can meet up with you and some of the others in the area

1 - 16 of 16 Posts