Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

141 - 160 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Some of the problem is from can am. There are orders that have been out there for months and, can am seems to be cater to the higher volume dealers. Or, releasing a new model based on an existing mode. I’ve seen more commanders on the market than the trails or sports. That all being said there are dealers taking and a of the market. I spoke with one a couple of weeks ago as I thinking of canceling the order for a sport 1000r and buying a sport xrc. That dealer was above msrp, their freight, prep and doc fees were higher than other dealers as well. Then when asked if I was financing or paying cash I was told there would be an additional 250 tacked on for paying cash. Needless to say I’m still waiting for the 1000r to come in.
The problem of availability is partly from Can Am, most of the issues are their parts suppliers. Yes high volume dealers get more inventory, and those dealers usually have a higher overhead.
The way a dealer sells is up to the dealer. I ran across quite a few "bait and switch" ads, we also had machines sold out from under us after putting a deposit down because someone offered more.... Also I'm seeing additional "dealer mark up" which I can't blame them, you have the option to take it or leave it. They have to pay the light bill somehow...
It's the shoddy shysters that ruffle my feathers....

And "cash" is no longer king, they make more money earning points off the financing, selling accessories and extended warranties.

·
Registered
823 Posts
thankfully i got a in writing OTD price for our maverick sport when i put the deposit down. My dealer doesn't charge all of the extras that others do. If i show up and they want to make the price higher, i will have the paper in hand. This is a big time dealer (has another dealer location about 40 minutes north).

I think what should happen is with these shyster dealerships, is that their actions and names should be BLASTED everywhere publicly as much as possible. That way when everything returns to normal, their business should continue to hurt due to the bad reviews they get.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
thankfully i got a in writing OTD price for our maverick sport when i put the deposit down. My dealer doesn't charge all of the extras that others do. If i show up and they want to make the price higher, i will have the paper in hand. This is a big time dealer (has another dealer location about 40 minutes north).

I think what should happen is with these shyster dealerships, is that their actions and names should be BLASTED everywhere publicly as much as possible. That way when everything returns to normal, their business should continue to hurt due to the bad reviews they get.
We had the OTD price and deposit in writing too!

Then to get a call to say, sorry we made a mistake and found where we took in a deposit on the unit from someone ahead of you.

When is reality they most likely sold it for more, or didn't have it to begin with, or incompetent. I think it's easy to figure out which one it was.

·
Registered
21 X3 X DS RR 3xblack
57 Posts
Thats sad...my dealer was great...i suppose they could have played games with my preorder...i only put 500 down. I had a pleasant experience, otd price was msrp and nothing more....got what i wanted in trade value and picked it up exactly week after it arrived in stock..so far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just called my dealer and they said my X3 Max build date is still showing in June but they just received notice of a ship date next week! Maybe things may be starting to improve in manufacturing capacity.

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stopped at the dealer this afternoon, after ordering the end of January, they said April/May. Thinking it’s May now it would be soon. Unfortunately he checked for me and said delivery is now June. Guess the big pile of accessories in my garage will still keep on collecting dust....

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Stopped at the dealer this afternoon, after ordering the end of January, they said April/May. Thinking it’s May now it would be soon. Unfortunately he checked for me and said delivery is now June. Guess the big pile of accessories in my garage will still keep on collecting dust....
Can't hurt, just keep collecting accessories...... 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a deposit on a ds mx turbo with a ship date of May, this dealer had (maybe) a good point that this one is a dealer stock order so its more or less "on its way" opposed to a "special" order like my first deposit which has no definitive ship date. Could be BS but it makes a little sense. Both deposits are refundable as neither dealer will have a problem selling a backed out deal in this market so I will take whatever comes first!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine was also a dealer stock order that I put a deposit on. Since that effectively changed the status to a customer order, my dealer volunteered to raise a case with Cam Am to ask for a faster delivery (after Can Am said it would be delayed to June from the original stated May delivery).

·
Registered
823 Posts
just got off the phone with my dealer/salesmen. He said it's still showing a may delivery month, but doesn't have a date yet. Also mentioned that they have all of my accessories already there and waiting. Minus the one I just had him add on lol.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
just got off the phone with my dealer/salesmen. He said it's still showing a may delivery month, but doesn't have a date yet. Also mentioned that they have all of my accessories already there and waiting. Minus the one I just had him add on lol.
Hope you get it soon!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hope you get it soon!!!
Me too! My parents have been using my trailer the last month+ to bring their sxs out on rides. They will need to buy a new one, or repo their's from my brother because once I get mine, i'll be repoing my trailer from them lol.

not to mention the longer I wait, the more people come up with accessories I need lol

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Me too! My parents have been using my trailer the last month+ to bring their sxs out on rides. They will need to buy a new one, or repo their's from my brother because once I get mine, i'll be repoing my trailer from them lol.

not to mention the longer I wait, the more people come up with accessories I need lol
Well look at it this way, it will be well dressed when you get it! Hope it comes soon for you as well.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Wife got an email saying our special order was in from the dealership.. i got all giddy!! i called and salesmen laughed saying "yeah that was the key kit (having them install the DESS keys) you ordered... still no ship date" ugh!!!!

Reactions: MO_Hacker

·
Registered
11 Posts
New here, put a deposit on a dealer appropriated unit (Max X X3 RS Turbo RR smart shox) for May delivery, from SW CO (Durango). Will see when it lands.... Following the thread.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
New here, put a deposit on a dealer appropriated unit (Max X X3 RS Turbo RR smart shox) for May delivery, from SW CO (Durango). Will see when it lands.... Following the thread.
Welcome. Go to the Member Introduction forum, and start a thread.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Just got the call from my dealer. The X3 Max is in and they are uncrating! Will likely pick it up Wednesday. 🤑
Congrats!

141 - 160 of 229 Posts