Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to Lighten these machines up at? I am in the process on finding ways to lighten this pig up.. First set is the crazy heavy cage. Building one out of 4130. Then its on to the seats and anything else thats made from steel vs 4130.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Misc plastics, extra tabs and brackets on the frame. 4130 cage won't make you any lighter unless you do .083 tubing. Wheels and tires. Then you can get into silly stuff like gun drilling axles and stuff like that.
I haven't done anything crazy to take weight out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I hear you, plan on starting to lighten it up myself. got a pile of titanium bolt's. I know they won't make much difference, but i have them. then plan on making seat mounts. rear bumper. ect

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do plan on using thinner tube hence the 4130. I just for see these things are stupid heavy lighting it up will be a huge improvement

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think building a different rear sway bar could net a huge weight drop. Wheels and tires weight is not much of a concern to me. I want the machine weight down and I think I can drop a ton of weight by by changing alot of stuff to thinner 4130

·
Registered
492 Posts
Shorai battery would be the easiest way to lose 10lb in one shot. Mine is in the mail box for when I get home.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Drivers side seat track almost 5 pounds, used 1" by 2" aluminum tubing to replace them, Cat delete if you are not running a aftermarket exhaust was 11 pounds. Looking at having the outer sway bar arms made from aluminum. Not much there unless you spend allot of money.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My heavy ass exhaust was first mod. Then cut off the factory hangers that are no longer used 3.2 lbs

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think I might build a new tube chassis from 4130 and all arms from it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts