Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

It looks like I'll land one and I'm thinking through my storage options. One storage option would only work if I took off the roll cage. Anyway, my question is how practical is this (I won't use it more than three or four times a year)? Less than 30 minutes of work via less than ten bolts? I'm not nearby any accessible Mavericks to judge for myself (hence asking on here).

Thanks in advance for the help!

Adam

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hi

It looks like I'll land one and I'm thinking through my storage options. One storage option would only work if I took off the roll cage. Anyway, my question is how practical is this (I won't use it more than three or four times a year)? Less than 30 minutes of work via less than ten bolts? I'm not nearby any accessible Mavericks to judge for myself (hence asking on here).

Thanks in advance for the help!

Adam
Takes about ten minutes and an extra set of hands if you keep it in one piece. You can remove it in two sections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with swerve. If you have someone to help you lift it off, its pretty easy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason

I'm curious to why you have to remove the roll cage for storage? Is the ceiling too low?
In my garage I have a four-post-lift so to maximize the space under it'll help to make the Maverick as short as feasible (especially since I'll plan to put it on a trailer that's already 2 feet high).

Thanks for the information everyone!

Adam

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would weld in cross bars to make the cage solid 4 point , then remove, ive heard that a lot of times to get it back on u need to use ratchet straps to get the holes to line back up or even get it close

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh thanks for the tip, would have been annoying for an unexpected tricky reattach process !

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts