Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow I'm glad I'm not on the west coast... I would be divorced

·
Registered
711 Posts
you're not that far away from texas though. at mud nationals, its like that all day, and all nite, for a straight week.
jacksonville texas last week of march. plan for it. if you can get away, you need to go without the misses. its ALOT more fun.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Those were definitely the good old days. Back when comp was actually open at night, you could ride double, cruise up and down the isles at the hill, and the boobies were endless at the sand drags!

·
Registered
232 Posts
04 was my first year at Glamis. Saw some of that craziness. My favorite still was the stripper poles mounted on the hitch. My boys were 10, 7 and 6 at the time. They still talk about it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dad starting taking me when I was 6 in 1980. I haven't missed a season yet. Its been fun watching all the machines evolve, from water pumpers, 3 wheelers, quads, and now unlimited horsepower long travel cars. I miss the old days, it was such a fun party!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I used to hear rumors about what happens at Glamis from my uncle & cousin. Now I see some of the nakedness. I also heard it got so bad at one point from nightly partiers showing up that people's quads would be stolen,other robberies, burning fire lines in the sand. Among other crazy shit. I heard that was the reason they shut down comp hill at night because it is so close to the road that LA peeps would show up just to party and cause problems.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Yeah sure miss all the crazy fun at the Drags and Comp. I have been going to Glamis since 87, 88. Damn Im getting Old. LOL. glamis comp hill.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
I flew out in 1985 to test the new 1986 Kaw. Tecate 250, Pre-production Three Wheeler before Kaw. released it. Racing it up Comp. Hill against all the 250 Honda's was pretty wild. And yes the a_ _ & Ti_ _s were everywhere. It was some pretty crazy stuff going on. And I'm even comparing it to Bike week at Daytona since the 70's

·
Registered
317 Posts
I used to hear rumors about what happens at Glamis from my uncle & cousin. Now I see some of the nakedness. I also heard it got so bad at one point from nightly partiers showing up that people's quads would be stolen,other robberies, burning fire lines in the sand. Among other crazy shit. I heard that was the reason they shut down comp hill at night because it is so close to the road that LA peeps would show up just to party and cause problems.
Yup. It would get way out of control at comp. Its a shame, it was a lot of fun, there would be too many fights, people digging trenches and light them on fire in the aisles, it got too hard for the rangers to respond to incidents with that many people in that small of an area. There would be stages set up and bands playing, huge projector screens with videos playing, it was nuts for a while! Cant forget the magnesium fires and TONS of fireworks too. When we would go out to do the Glamis cleanup trips, we would always find lots of good stuff at comp! Money, jewelry, bras LOL

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, Comp was the perfect amount wild and crazy for many years. Unfortunately, the last few years before being shut down, you'd have tons of people show up just for Comp at night, like it was an event or rave to go to. Non desert people, just kids looking to party and cause mayhem

·
Registered
725 Posts
I seen a jacked up f350 super nice truck get flipped and burnt and the driver get his ass whooped all for accidentally backing into someone. People getting stabbed,it did get out of hand I remember racing up comp at night with a broken wrist that I had broke later that day and just thought it was a sprain, also got a DUI out there lol and well the women were plentiful

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just 3 years ago they still were rolling big tires filled with gas lite on fire down olds hill into the crowd

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup. It would get way out of control at comp. Its a shame, it was a lot of fun, there would be too many fights, people digging trenches and light them on fire in the aisles, it got too hard for the rangers to respond to incidents with that many people in that small of an area. There would be stages set up and bands playing, huge projector screens with videos playing, it was nuts for a while! Cant forget the magnesium fires and TONS of fireworks too. When we would go out to do the Glamis cleanup trips, we would always find lots of good stuff at comp! Money, jewelry, bras LOL
Yep those were the kind of things I was hearing about. And now because of that we get shut down at night.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep those were the kind of things I was hearing about. And now because of that we get shut down at night.
I like the night ride to Olds better anyway. The crazy times were fun, but it did get too out of hand towards the end. My friend and I had a gun pulled on us at comp one night, thankfully it ended mostly peacefully with mostly no injuries.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts