Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had it out three times now, first time was break in period. I have not had miles to run it flat out but i can not seem to get the Max to get over 45 MPH? What is your top speed in the Max? Does the added weight make that big of a difference? 1000R 2 seater guys say they are going 70+, how fast have any of you fellows gone?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
either your using grey key or blk key is programmed wrong or ecu needs to be reflashed ,

try both keys with sport mode on , does it read it across the screen to ?

u will see 75-77 mph

·
Registered
45 Posts
68 mph, but I am at 5600 feet it probally would go faster but its hard to find a long enough place to open it up at.

·
Registered
45 Posts
(HP Loss = (elevation x 0.03 x horsepower @ sea level)/1000) Don't quote me but i think this accurate, according to this calculation I lose almost 17 hp

·
Registered
413 Posts
On my maiden ride with 4 adults 70mph didn't notice the rpm's. That was with approx. 6 hrs. on it 100 or so miles....We will see this weekend as I get closer to the 10 hr mark....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Try high gear maybe???? (JK)
I hit 43 in low gear in my Max. I hope it's they keys programmed wrong because that's way off.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cruised mine at an easy 70 mph for about 5 miles down the highway....seemed like it had around 5-8 more mph left to go. Car was smooth as silk at that speed.
I've since installed a Dalton clutch kit in my Max and hope it didn't effect top speed any.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
76 for me with a passenger...we thought we were going to die! One wrong move and we would have

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can hit 52mph in my back yard. It's about 400 ft.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn guys that is way more than I have come close to. No grey key, no parking brake, maybe just not enough room to open it up yet.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Make sure your in sport mode!! If your only getting to 48 mph then something is not right so check the easy stuff first.
My 2 seater ran 73 on its first trip to the sand.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could hit 68 at 7500 feet elevation with the sea level weights in it.....I have it set up for 4000 feet now will see what it will do soon. I had it clutched for 8000 feet, and it was good for high elevation but when I went it Moab (4000 ft) I could only hit about 43 then it would hit the limiter. If I let off the throttle I could feel it pick up speed, you might see what weights are in your primary clutch.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I could hit 68 at 7500 feet elevation with the sea level weights in it.....I have it set up for 4000 feet now will see what it will do soon. I had it clutched for 8000 feet, and it was good for high elevation but when I went it Moab (4000 ft) I could only hit about 43 then it would hit the limiter. If I let off the throttle I could feel it pick up speed, you might see what weights are in your primary clutch.
Mine hit 77 with 2 people at 7300 ft all stock from the showroom floor

1 - 20 of 27 Posts