Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Seat mods aren't that hard, just need to drill 4 more holes in the base so the seat will move back. Look at the space behind the seat and determine how much room you can move yours back. Don't move it back so far it's rubbing with you sitting in it and bouncing around. I think I took just about 1 1/4" on mine. Then pull the seats out and re drill the 4 holes in the base that the seat mounts to. That's really all there is to mine. If you really want a picture I could get one but all you'd see is 4 extra holes in the base. If you want extreme seat mods that will also lower the seat and make it more secure look at the work GlamisFan did on his seats (welding required).
When I started the passenger seat was farther back than the drivers seat. Now it's the opposite and my knees are no where near where the intercomm is mounted in the picture. That's why I'm considering putting that plastic panel back in.
I agree, its a very basic modification to remove the seat from the tube frame. Then measure 1" to 1 1/2" back and drill a new holes. Remount the slider and seat in the new holes and wahla you have more leg room. They will be surpised at how much better 1" of leg room feels.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree, its a very basic modification to remove the seat from the tube frame. Then measure 1" to 1 1/2" back and drill a new holes. Remount the slider and seat in the new holes and wahla you have more leg room. They will be surpised at how much better 1" of leg room feels.

I just redrilled the holes 1 1/4 further back in the square tubing and for some reason the seat is not going back further. I just sounds like it is hitting on something.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Kris - do you have to sit on a phone book :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sorry man.... Just messing with you.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts