Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is... how do tall people fit in either the Maverick or Commander??? I am a bit taller than normal, 6'8", and have sat in both. There just isn't enough leg room with the console there crowding everything. I currently have an 800 RZR, and am looking to upgrade soon. I really don't care to own another Polaris, but the only other choice is Can-Am right now for hi-performance SxS. If I don't fit in it though, I really have no choice. Has anyone done anything to make it more roomy?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Some peopletakethelittle black pieces off around the steering column. U can also modify your seat to go back further

·
Registered
461 Posts
Im 6'3 and fit comfortably in the maverick. There is not much room to spare though. I know some guys on here have moved there seats back another 1.5-2" with a little fab work. That might be all you need to fit in there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im 6'5 and that is the deal breaker for me, my knees are up against the plastic and I feel cramped. My friend has one and I really like it other than that.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
well go to the orthopedic surgeon and tell him you need to be shortened 4 inches.. problem solved. lol seriously, 6'3 no issues

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Like others said, you can do some minor mods to make the move back a little. You can also do some major mods to back of the seat frame or to the shock tower. It just depends on how much more room you need.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm 6'4" Head room is fine. I did notice that in the last race my right knee on the side has no skin on it from rubbing the plastic pretty hard. Did not see the blood to after the race. Must have been in a zone. Will wear knee pads from now on.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm 6'6" and 280. I had to do the seat mod to mine, barely fit.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
6'4" and my knees did sometimes rub the plastic around steering column so I removed that piece which takes care of both sides of the column. Made for lots of knee room and even after that I did some mods to the seat base to get the seat further back to where it's almost on the rear firewall and now I could put that plastic back on around the steering column because I now have more than enough room. There is plenty of headroom even when wearing a helmet.
Seems like if you fit in a 800 Rzr you shouldn't have any problem with CanAm though.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey Max, Can you show a pic of your dash after removing the plastic?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hey Max, Can you show a pic of your dash after removing the plastic?
I'll try and get something up here tomorrow but stuck at work now. It does look different with the plastic gone because the cockpit on the Mav is done very well but it was worth it to get the extra room for my knees. Now that I think of it I have a picture posted on here where I showed the intercomm installed in that spot. Just need to find it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Here's a picture with the plastic section removed from the lower drivers side dash.
At first when you remove it, it's like 'that looks terrible'. But I don't really even notice it now although I am considering replacing it and cutting out a hole for the intercomm to stick through.

DSCN1424.JPG

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a picture with the plastic section removed from the lower drivers side dash.
At first when you remove it, it's like 'that looks terrible'. But I don't really even notice it now although I am considering replacing it and cutting out a hole for the intercomm to stick through.

View attachment 3096
Can you show some pics of the seat mods you made? I really don't want to remove the plastic if I can help it. I'm 6ft 4 also and I have a 36 inch inseam. I fit ok but I would like a little more room.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can do a search for seat mods. You can move your seat back 1 1/2" and it will still latch. It moves the sliders back on the tube frame.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Seat mods aren't that hard, just need to drill 4 more holes in the base so the seat will move back. Look at the space behind the seat and determine how much room you can move yours back. Don't move it back so far it's rubbing with you sitting in it and bouncing around. I think I took just about 1 1/4" on mine. Then pull the seats out and re drill the 4 holes in the base that the seat mounts to. That's really all there is to mine. If you really want a picture I could get one but all you'd see is 4 extra holes in the base. If you want extreme seat mods that will also lower the seat and make it more secure look at the work GlamisFan did on his seats (welding required).
When I started the passenger seat was farther back than the drivers seat. Now it's the opposite and my knees are no where near where the intercomm is mounted in the picture. That's why I'm considering putting that plastic panel back in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts