Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I glazed my belt while out kicking RZR arse. Replaced the belt, keeping it as a spare, but how do I restore it? How do you scrub out the glaze without destroying the belt.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
any material you take off the sides will reduce the width and not get you the top speed you want. Just scuff it with red scotchbrite and use it as a spare to get you home. you really need the Airdam bolt to keep the sheeve from slipping and ruining your belt while spanking poolarisisssys.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there both 12.9 or 13.9 - grade, also the airdam is not tapered

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The ///AIRDAM bolt is an ARP 190,000 or 210,000 lb tensile strength bolt. The stock is a China 12.9 metric bolt. The stock is 12mm, but most of it has been cut down to about 10mm. It's a POS!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The ///AIRDAM bolt is an ARP 190,000 or 210,000 lb tensile strength bolt. The stock is a China 12.9 metric bolt. The stock is 12mm, but most of it has been cut down to about 10mm. It's a POS!!!
just broke my stock bolt today and destroyed the clutch. that slippery washer set up is an absolute joke.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I agree one hundred percent! The incompetent, stupid, ignorant, book learnin engineers that designed that setup need to be fired! A two piece primary is a terrible terrible idea in something this powerful and this fast! Are you listening, Can Am?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Okay I've got a question! I called my dealership today and asked if the upgrade was done to my machine and he said there has been no recalls on these machines yet. Is there actually a recall on the clutch issue?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts