Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start saving up for some wheels and tires, and wandering how big i can go for the best performance all around without breaking all the time. Where I ride is anything from mud, rocks, and creeks and my maverick is still stock for now. What tire would be best for me and i also want something that looks good too. post some pics also so i can get an idea on what style wheel i want too. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have 28 blackwater evoultions by itp they are 8 ply radial .I ended up putting in a clutch kit from Dalton as my combo was about 50 lbs heavier that stock.i think anyway you do it you are going to need clutch work with bigger tires the rest of the drive train is pretty stout.i think my next et of tires I might try exf motoclaws in the 30 inch size .

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm about to start saving up for some wheels and tires, and wandering how big i can go for the best performance all around without breaking all the time. Where I ride is anything from mud, rocks, and creeks and my maverick is still stock for now. What tire would be best for me and i also want something that looks good too. post some pics also so i can get an idea on what style wheel i want too. thanks for any info.
I have a set of the blackwater's with 2 rides on them , that i will sell .

I needed a set of tires in a hurry before a weekend ride, and these were the only 8 plys they had in stock.

I normally run the Pit Bulls but these seem to be a good all around tire also.

Im just parcial to the pit bulls myself .

PM me if interested

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really like the roctanes and im thinking a 30" is what i want. is that clutch kit from dalton just an upgrade for the stock clutch?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yes it has new spring and weights and you will need the upgraded black and violet spring for the secondary because of the 30 inch tires you want to run.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Oldguy what pitbulls are you running? And what size?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would 28" roctanes be better than going with a 30"? cuz i dont wanna loose my power so much and im not ready to buy a afermarket clutch just yet. i want 30" but aint finding many people running them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think im going to order that dalton clutch kit this week, still not sure on my tires i want to run cuz i have found on here that the 30s would rub if the suspension fully compresses from a jump or something of that nature, but also i still want my top end speed, will the clutch kit effect that with say 28" tires? i can run 75mph now all stock. either some people love this clutch kit or hate it or it doesnt effect speed or it does no for sure answer and im not ready to buy a stm primary or secondary yet.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The dalton kit should help keep your performance if you change to 28" tires. If you go any bigger, I think you"ll need to get aftermarket clutches if you don't want to lose performance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up goin with 28x10x14 roctanes and 14" sti beadlocks ill post pics when I get them on

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
28s1.jpg finally got my new wheels and tires put on, first night out with them i bent a tie rod

Reactions: Snapper692

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Guys running the Blackwaters, Care to give any reviews on them? Looking hard at this tire. Wanted a DOT approved tire but choices are tough in a 28" tire that suits my ridding conditions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts