Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I am just trying to talk my self out of having to buy aftermarket clutching when i get a maverick lol
I wouldn't worry about the clutch one bit there what 2000 mavericks plus out there - and I only heard 1 clutch blow with the old bolt in it latly !

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ran an XP1000 yesterday in Johnson Valley and beat him twice. I have a stock 2014 XRS DPS with only 3 hours on it. The XP1000 had 30" Mongrels with OMF wheels and was probably carrying an extra 100lbs over me. I beat him the first time by about 2 car lengths to 70mph and the second time by a little over a car. I also raced my friends 2011 XP900 with the Alba stage 2 kit and beat him by about a car. Does anyone know if the 2014 Mavericks could be a little quicker from the factory than the 2013 models?

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I ran an XP1000 yesterday in Johnson Valley and beat him twice. I have a stock 2014 XRS DPS with only 3 hours on it. The XP1000 had 30" Mongrels with OMF wheels and was probably carrying an extra 100lbs over me. I beat him the first time by about 2 car lengths to 70mph and the second time by a little over a car. I also raced my friends 2011 XP900 with the Alba stage 2 kit and beat him by about a car. Does anyone know if the 2014 Mavericks could be a little quicker from the factory than the 2013 models?
I dont think they are but it will get a little quicker when it gets broken in past the 10hr service point. nice job spanking the popo's

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well today I finally got a chance to put some miles on an XP 1000. I'm am truly an unbiased person when it comes to UTVs...in all honesty the XP has just a bit more seat of the pant power on blacktop.... That, the smooth clutch, and crawl ability was the ONLY things I was impressed with.... XP 900 rides much better....
The suspension sucks in Comparison to the Mav and it Will not track true on a dirt or gravel road..to the point I would have to let out because I was all over the place.... This may have to do with it not wanting to hook up at all. Yes it's impressive to look at but for me that's all....Very Cheaply Made inside too

101 - 104 of 104 Posts