41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I stil think a qsc/STM will be a good run if not out run the 1000 rzr

So based on the numbers below, a stock XP 1000 vs a QSC/STM clutched Maverick would be a very close race.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So based on the numbers below, a stock XP 1000 vs a QSC/STM clutched Maverick would be a very close race.
I agree. However, we can always have a few racing tricks up our sleeve that we'll leave em scratching their heads.
Bigger TB, intake & once available a modified ECU. The oldest trick in racing is stock vs stock!! :haha:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
50 MPH equals 73.333 ft/sec

So 73.333 X 0.6 sec = approxiamtely 44 feet or just over 4 lengths!
Now that's doing your homework.....Nice work!!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Joey D from the UTVUNDERGROUD said he got one of the RZR XP1000's up to 85mph and let off but it still had some more in it.... I'm thinking the RZR hauls ass! May have to try one and for myself, then talk the father-in-law to buy one so I can borrow it LOL. Seriously though, they improved alot but I think the cockpit in the Mav is just more comfortable than the RZR, for what I do with it(trails/play). I will have to go sit in one and check it out next week when they show up. :smile:
Well my buddy's heavy ass stock jagged x runs 80 to 81 so 85 with a lighter 1000 xp and more hp 85 mph sounds about right

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well my buddy's heavy ass stock jagged x runs 80 to 81 so 85 with a lighter 1000 xp and more hp 85 mph sounds about right
HP really has nothing to do with the top speed. Top speed is determined by final drive ratio X RPM. HP is what makes the difference in how fast you get there and if you can hold the RPM's....So assuming the new XP 1000 has the same gears in the gear box and the clutches have the same ratio as the XP 900, the difference would be in the larger stock tires and possibly the RPM. Sorry, I don't know what RPM the XP 900 shifts out at......If you had all of the information, you should be able to calculate the top speed.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have to ask this.... Did they have any Wild Cats out there or did they just race them against the Maverick's that you're aware of?
Alex, I've never seen an arctic cat there....but that doesn't mean much. The 1000R's are bright yellow and can't be missed. I am sure they'd have a cat or 2 there.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It kind of does if you don't have the hp to pull the bigger tires or higher gearing you won't get to the top speed

Correct...I eluded to that in my post "HP is what makes the difference in how fast you get there and if you can hold the RPM's...." You will not achieve top speed if you don't achieve full shift out and hit the correct RPM's

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Ok! I have to say somethin here! I think the xp is gonna spank us to be honest , however ur math formula is only a generic formula to get u close to an answer! Which only works if ur racing pine box derby cars in a controlled environment!. Gearing, clutching, torque h.p. rpm weight, rotating mass . All factors come into play! I race alot with my car alot! I have beaten people by .2 tenths of a sec. By more distance than I have beaten sum 1 by.6 tenths of a second. Depends on how hard the car pulls and where! So not that I'm saying ur wrong. I'm just saying your not right! Lol. Cuz there's no way to mathematically determine the distance. Could it be 4? Absolutely! But could it be 1&3/4 ? It could be as well. That all I'm saying!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think just with what we have to go off of as of now, is it going to be a close race. I'm with a lot of people on here. I also have been drag racing my whole life and .6 is a lot especially in that short of a distance. I also agree with the heavier rotating mass is going to factor in quite a bit. Can am Claims the maverick weighs in at 1297lbs dry weight with 101hp. Horsepower to weight ratio is 0.0778 which means 0.0778 for each pound of weight. For Polaris, the 1000xp, they are claiming it weighs in at 1379(not sure if that's dry weigh or not) with 107hp. Horsepower to weight ratio is 0.0775, so in this aspect the maverick has more horsepower per pound of weight compared to the 1000xp(that's if the weight numbers are correct). It still comes down to a lot more factors than just that. Like when is the horsepower made? How much torque does each machine make? What clutch is doing a better job get that power to the ground and so on. My $.02 is, is the 1000xp worth the extra money? It all depends on what you are looking to do with it. I personally am not impressed with the power/weight this new 1000xp has but on the flip side it does have some nice new features for the industry. I personally feel the better buy is the maverick and with little work you could leave the 1000xp behind in a drag race. I don't race these things except for bragging rights with my buddies. With the extra money you would save buying or keeping your maverick I would say your the winner!! lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
power to weight is super close, Polaris says there putting more power to the ground with there new clutch and trans , we will see, need somes races with and without a clutch upgrade mav !

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well my Polaris buddy laughed super hard when I said I wanted to race and said to bring my lunch money....as hard as he laughed I'd say the prognosis isn't good....that bastard. He helped design it...I'll punch him in the mouth for us boys next time I see him. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've done alot of drag racing and seen a lot of stuff loose races that on paper should have won. My 900xp buddies laughed at me when I wanted to race them with my commander but after I beat three of them they weren't laughing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've seen commanders beat xp's, wildcat x's beat mavericks, etc. I'd say it depends on conditions and setup a lot. All a blast just pick your poison.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts