Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
The rzr 1000 is within 11lbs of the current rzr xp 4 seater, I honestly think the maverick will outrun the 1000 with a qsc/STM

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I aint scared...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Theres a big difference in performance on a machine designed, engineered, clutched etc. to turn 29" tires in stock form and one that was designed and such to turn 26" tires the owner put bigger tires on it. Rotors are too small, tie rods too weak, clutching is off and the list goes on. These new XP's I am sure will handle the 29's fine. They are likely geared lower to do so. No different than putting 35's on a Jeep and regearing to 4:88s so it behaves the same as when it was on little pizza cutters. Its not until you get to the top end you notice it. Not sure if you guys have seen the size of the new ring gear and rotors on this XP but they are huge compared to the XP900. Now just think of the easy gains in performance by swapping on a set of 26"s.
I told a friend earlier today that If I had a new XP1000 that the trick setup would be going down to a lite weight 26 if possible. Even if they Clutch for it and gear for the 29 that wont really over come the rotating mass of that tire.
For Example if you ever Had a Yamaha Banshee the first mod was to lighten up the rotating mass on the flywheel and advance the timing, same thing with over size heavy ass tires here. I put a 285 tire on my 2012 F450 and I can feel the power and performance go down as did the MPG. I have played with enough of this shit to know rotating mass is HUGE. Just watch and see, All of the dumb Ass Duners who were sold a set of STU 12 paddles for there ohh so powerfull XP900 , that was way to much paddle and weight. a good set of lite Skat Traks 8 paddle are faster. So what now XP1000 and maybe Fullerton will sell them a 14 paddle STU. LOL. That's Next week you watch.LMFAO.... Hehehehehehe

Reactions: jason442

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I told a friend earlier today that If I had a new XP1000 that the trick setup would be going down to a lite weight 26 if possible. Even if they Clutch for it and gear for the 29 that wont really over come the rotating mass of that tire.
For Example if you ever Had a Yamaha Banshee the first mod was to lighten up the rotating mass on the flywheel and advance the timing, same thing with over size heavy ass tires here. I put a 285 tire on my 2012 F450 and I can feel the power and performance go down as did the MPG. I have played with enough of this shit to know rotating mass is HUGE. Just watch and see, All of the dumb Ass Duners who were sold a set of STU 12 paddles for there ohh so powerfull XP900 , that was way to much paddle and weight. a good set of lite Skat Traks 8 paddle are faster. So what now XP1000 and maybe Fullerton will sell them a 14 paddle STU. LOL. That's Next week you watch.LMFAO.... Hehehehehehe
you and me both man ur preaching to the choir to me , lol -

rotating mass is a killer, cars diesel sxs's quads, keep it light !!!!!!! - I try telling them , and those stupid stu's lol people luv them over priced turds

Reactions: jason442

·
Registered
207 Posts
Its gonna destroy the mav im not sure what you guys are thinking. An xp 900 is just as good as a mav or close to it out the box. The new rzr gonna be way better faster and handle better than our mavs. And id be willing to bet its gonna be much more than one bike length in a drag. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It ain't but 6 more hp and about 100lbs heavier and 29"tires. It might be a dead heat in a drag race.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Its gonna destroy the mav im not sure what you guys are thinking. An xp 900 is just as good as a mav or close to it out the box. The new rzr gonna be way better faster and handle better than our mavs. And id be willing to bet its gonna be much more than one bike length in a drag. Just my thoughts.

fwd a lil bit this is a good old fashion race, both with add ons & maverick has a 1/2 windshield - 3-4 cars to 77

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My buddy who is an engineer at Polaris got to take one as a demo home. I told him we are racing....to be continued.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Theres a big difference in performance on a machine designed, engineered, clutched etc. to turn 29" tires in stock form and one that was designed and such to turn 26" tires the owner put bigger tires on it. Rotors are too small, tie rods too weak, clutching is off and the list goes on. These new XP's I am sure will handle the 29's fine. They are likely geared lower to do so. No different than putting 35's on a Jeep and regearing to 4:88s so it behaves the same as when it was on little pizza cutters. Its not until you get to the top end you notice it. Not sure if you guys have seen the size of the new ring gear and rotors on this XP but they are huge compared to the XP900. Now just think of the easy gains in performance by swapping on a set of 26"s.
I'm sure they geared and clutched it for the bigger tires, but it's still unsprung extra weight that will take away from the performance. If you install 26 wouldn't it run out to quick and lose top end. It mite even bounce off the rev limiter unless you changed the clutching. One example my son drove a 04 z71 with stock tires when he was sixteen. When he turned 17 we bought him a Rocky Ridge Chevy with 35 inch tires for his B day. He immediately asked why it was slower on take off and I explained the unsprung weight theory of the heavier tires. Anyways proof is in the pudding , we' ll see videos shortly and all will be put to rest....LOL

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I think a stock XP1000 will beat a clutched Maverick by a length or two over 100 yards. Also I think stock to stock the XP1000 is going to have much better suspension than the factory XRS especially in very rough stuff unless its had a respring and revalve. I don't think it will keep up with a Maverick in tight stuff and general cornering so that will be the advantage for sure. I don't think it will be a huge difference in each individual area but all together I think it will be a pretty significant difference. Of course all of those are my opinion since I said "think" way too many times but time will tell. They say its a power house so even with the additional weight it will pull a Maverick for sure. I've got to say I'm impressed with what they released.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Joey D from the UTVUNDERGROUD said he got one of the RZR XP1000's up to 85mph and let off but it still had some more in it.... I'm thinking the RZR hauls ass! May have to try one and for myself, then talk the father-in-law to buy one so I can borrow it LOL. Seriously though, they improved alot but I think the cockpit in the Mav is just more comfortable than the RZR, for what I do with it(trails/play). I will have to go sit in one and check it out next week when they show up. :smile:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Im not bias ar all.. I love my mav... And with that said i think the new RZR is goina be bad ass 4 sure...Remember they all have there goods and bads.... Dont beat urself up trying to justify how the mav is is better...
Im putting deposit down today on a RZR... But i wont sell the mav.... It to me is ALMOST perfect :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
People are going to be paying full retail for quite a while.... I just don't like the front of it...at all. It's going to be faster. I'm local to Polaris...and you can see 2 Mavericks at their facility outside every once in a while. They've been racing them for months. =)

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I'm local to Polaris...and you can see 2 Mavericks at their facility outside every once in a while. They've been racing them for months. =)
I have to ask this.... Did they have any Wild Cats out there or did they just race them against the Maverick's that you're aware of?

·
Registered
998 Posts
That's a video of mine on a slight up hill with doors, windshield, top. Looks to be close to 5 sec to maybe 5.5

21 - 40 of 104 Posts