Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is totally a guessing poll here, but based on how close the regular xp is to my maverick! I gotta be honest, I think it's goin to be 3 to 5 lengths out in front.

And for all u guys that are gonna get on here and say who cares. Don't bother! I wasn't asking u, I just wanna hear from the guys who are occasional racers like myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree....with the better clutching in the RZR, its not looking good stock vs stock.

I believe with aftermarket clutches though, it will be an actual race. The Rzr might have more HP but it also has more weight.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Its heavy. Weight to horsepower is about the same. Bottom line is the poo will be 20K, you can get a mav for 13-14K. Alot of extra beer/mod money left over.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea but no mods help at this point, hopefully mrrpm comes thru with that new ecu for us

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yea it will be faster in a drag race stock vs stock but who does that? These things are made to be modified. I think the suspension will be the biggest advantage.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No mods help at this point? WTF does that mean? Ever heard of a turbo kit that you could buy with the leftover money?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I was going to say a turbo kit on a 2013 Maverick Xrs would be in the ball park of a brand new Polaris 1000 from a cost stand point.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think it will be real close.. Stock MAV vs Stock RZR 900 the Mav pulls couple lengths... I thinks the PoPo 1000 will be a link or so better at most.. Its so freaking big that even with the same power to weight ratio, it has a lot more drag.. Yeah, it has alot of suspension travel, but its gotta be way outa balance as well... I think on a track, stock vs stock the Mav will win every time..

·
Registered
477 Posts
We should find out pretty quick being some aftermarket companies already have the 1000 at there shops. I,m surprised the videos are not already out on a drag race. I think it'll be within two car lengths of each other.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree stock vs stock 1-2 lengths. A clutched maverick vs xp 1000 will be very close. Remember the xp has 29 in. tires plus 14 in. rims.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The more I think about it, it's odd that Polaris didn't do a comparison between the two 1000's . That tells me there's not much difference in the two. You know they raced them , why not add the comparison to there hype up at the unveiling?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
im not to concerned about it. on a trail.dunes, it may be a tie or a hair difference. when we see 2 stockers line up, same weight riders, full tank of gas, and a real head to head u will see very little at best, with price difference the things you can do with cash left over will make maverick king

·
Registered
266 Posts
The more I think about it, it's odd that Polaris didn't do a comparison between the two 1000's . That tells me there's not much difference in the two. You know they raced them , why not acomparisonthere hype up at the unveiling?
Very interesting......all I seen was that dyno graph that stated the xp puts 25% more power to the ground then the maverick.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I missed that graph. But like I said the videos will be out shortly , these aftermarket companies will post one.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No mods help at this point? WTF does that mean? Ever heard of a turbo kit that you could buy with the leftover money?
U know what I mean , simple bolt on stuff! Jesus u guys are so literal sometimes. Of course I know what a friggin turbo is! Hell I'm probly easily 1 of the biggest racers on here as far as cars go. I mostly ride trails on the Mav. With occasional drag race. But my car is diffrent story

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Hey Guys no worries. They gained HP but they Gained Weight to. So they need the HP.. Those Over size heavy ass Tires are gonna hurt them too. Its gonna be a race alright and all I say is make sure you start the race. don't let them ever start you cause its also gonna come down to clutching so you better be on the money. Period.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Most people aren't talking about the unsprung weight ....had a buddy buy 28 bighorns for his XP, it killed the performance of it. Needless to say they are setting in the corner and his stockers are back on his SXS . And the 1000 is running 29's, it needs the extra HP to keep up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Theres a big difference in performance on a machine designed, engineered, clutched etc. to turn 29" tires in stock form and one that was designed and such to turn 26" tires the owner put bigger tires on it. Rotors are too small, tie rods too weak, clutching is off and the list goes on. These new XP's I am sure will handle the 29's fine. They are likely geared lower to do so. No different than putting 35's on a Jeep and regearing to 4:88s so it behaves the same as when it was on little pizza cutters. Its not until you get to the top end you notice it. Not sure if you guys have seen the size of the new ring gear and rotors on this XP but they are huge compared to the XP900. Now just think of the easy gains in performance by swapping on a set of 26"s.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is all speculation. Poooolaris would not put out something new unless it beats the competition and make no mistake about it, Can-Am is their competition.

Reactions: umopapIsdn and Andy
1 - 20 of 104 Posts