Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 maverick max in the Dominican republic. The dealer checked out the car but found that it wount start when hot. Cant seem to figure it out. I read all the posts but nothing definitive.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Bad stator, fuel pump, or battery. Those models do crank slow even when there are no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Might try changing the plugs and gapping them properly

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
There was several threads on this when those machines came out. I didn’t have trouble out of my2014 so I didn’t read most of the threads but you may be able to search and get some results that may help. I’m thinking that people were replacing the starter with one for a different model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, i read all 24 pages. lots of different ideas. Tried many of them. No luck yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The latest is that there was some heat damage on the lower end. That could mean bearings or crank. Waiting to hear if that fixed it. Canam helped the dealer trouble shoot the problem. Sounds like they stepped up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 2015 maverick max has some bent skid plates. The dealer in Santo domingo makes a replacement out of some 5/8 inch thick black plastic of some kind. very durable , i can see the car just sliding off rocks on the plate. has anyone changed their skid plates. he wants about $450 to make and install them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bought a 2015 maverick max in the Dominican republic. The dealer checked out the car but found that it wount start when hot. Cant seem to figure it out. I read all the posts but nothing definitive.
Anyone have any ideas?

after looking into every possible thing ,we even completely dissembled the motor upper and lower, the fix for the hot no start problem turned out to be a faulty feul pump. when it would get hot it would cause a short and interfere with the starting, we also found that the car had two batteries from the past owner and one would drain the other when hot.
also changed the battery to starter wires to a heavier gauge. It still cranks slow when hot but it starts (for now).
I had called and visited over 10 dealers from dubai to arizona ,no one had ever heard of this problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have any ideas?
possible solution from BRP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts