Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold a rzr and got a max have soft top and doors it seems hot riding inside is there a mod or fan switch to help

Sent from RODS IPHONE 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Get rid of the doors and windshield if you have one. The engine sits between the seat not behind like the polaris stuff. Its inherent by design. Wrapping the headers, insulating the underside of the panels is the only thing you can do.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Remove the center console plastic and wrap the underside with heat shield material. will help alot with heat and reduce engine noise a little also.. I have high doors on my car and it helped.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also noticed the extra engine noise I will get to work on it
My buddy has a 2012 COMANDER. He got a switch that turns the fan on early and it helped a lot. Is that a possibility on the maverick

Sent from RODS IPHONE 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
30 Posts
DZ MOTORSPORTS/ARTICBOMB makes a fan override switch. which allows constant on, normal, or constant off. I have this on my max and run the fan constant.
definetly helps motor run cooler. and will be doing insulation on panels when I can find something to hold up to the mud and water. other than that MRRPM can reflash the ecm to have fan kick in at 165* I believe. it is spendy but comes with other things as well.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
was the heater on full blast ?

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
231 Posts
Turn down the cat, oh and wrap your exhaust...

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts