Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time for my break in service for my Maverick and I decided to do it myself.

Found a great deal on Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w-90 & 75w-140 for the front and rear differentials and Mobil 1 synthetic grease for the suspension from Advance Auto Parts. Shipping is free if you spend over $75. If you have a Advance Auto Parts near you then pick up is a better deal. You can use discount code es123 to get $20 off $50. You need to order online to get this deal.

Do the following:

1) add quantity 2 of the Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w-90
2) add quantity 1 of the Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w-140
3) add quantity 1 of the Mobil 1 synthetic grease cartridge
4) at checkout, type in discount code es123 ($20 off $50)
5) my sub total was $30.96 after discount so you are paying $6.68 ea for the 75w-90, $12.14 for the 75w-140 and $5.46 for the synthetic grease cartridge.

I am a Amsoil preferred customer but these prices couldn't be beat for synthetic stuff. You also have enough to do 2 oil changes.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Below are some other discount codes I found. Don't hold me to them though since I have not tried them.

$10 off $30+ orders - use promo code ES123

$20 off $50+ orders - use promo code ES123

$40 off $100+ orders - use promo code TRT41

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
man…I bet you clip coupons too don't you :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I don't have patients for that. My wife does though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
same here…..but whats worse is shopping with her when she has coupons! I would rather put ints in my eyes than go shopping with the wife when she has coupons!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yea. My wife will have me buy stuff on a separate order to max out the coupon effect.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Is the warranty voided if the first service is done by someone not a dealer? That's how my Wildcat was.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well it's time for my break in service for my Maverick and I decided to do it myself.

Found a great deal on Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w-90 & 75w-140 for the front and rear differentials and Mobil 1 synthetic grease for the suspension from Advance Auto Parts. Shipping is free if you spend over $75. If you have a Advance Auto Parts near you then pick up is a better deal. You can use discount code es123 to get $20 off $50. You need to order online to get this deal.

Do the following:

1) add quantity 2 of the Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w-90
2) add quantity 1 of the Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w-140
3) add quantity 1 of the Mobil 1 synthetic grease cartridge
4) at checkout, type in discount code es123 ($20 off $50)
5) my sub total was $30.96 after discount so you are paying $6.68 ea for the 75w-90, $12.14 for the 75w-140 and $5.46 for the synthetic grease cartridge.

I am a Amsoil preferred customer but these prices couldn't be beat for synthetic stuff. You also have enough to do 2 oil changes.
Thanks! Just placed my order. I've used Advance in the past with awesome coupon codes to save a boatload!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They cant void a warranty for doing it yourself but the question is can you prove you properly inspect, tighten and adjust the items as required. Its easy to prove oil change because you have a receipt that you can show. I am not saying you should do it yourself but I simply don't trust the dealer that they did it or did it right. It's so easy for them to take your $400 break-in service money and change the oils but skip the rest. If you do have them do it and something goes wrong with your Maverick then you will probably face less issues on warranty claims.

Whatever you do though, get the deal on the gear oil and grease which can be used after the warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet I am cheaper than you. I used the code and got another 5.5% cash back from using a cash back website coming to me in the mail in a month or so plus my credit card gives me another 1% so another 6.5% on top of the code. I give a new meaning to cheap bastard. I mean frugalness.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pm me your email address and I will forward you the link. Its very easy to sign plus you get a free $10 gift card I think still. No credit info or anything. They do need your address to mail you the checks but its all legit. I've received about $75 since I joined this year.

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
pm me your email address and I will forward you the link. Its very easy to sign plus you get a free $10 gift card I think still. No credit info or anything. They do need your address to mail you the checks but its all legit. I've received about $75 since I joined this year.
oh hell yeah. i buy all kids of shiz on th interwebz. a little dough back in the pocket would be awesome.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Noticed today when I picked up the gear lube that it has friction modifier (LS Additive) in it. Is the maverick compatible with that shit?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you search this forum and the Commander forum, many use the Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil without issue. The owners manual states that the gear oil must meet API GL-5. All the synthetics I ever used had some friction modifier in them. It doesn't hurt the conventional gears but it's not needed. The Mobil 1 website says that's this gear oil can be used for conventional and limited slip differentials. The visco-lok in the front differential is sealed so you are not going to hurt that.

If you're still nervous about using it then return it and use the BRP stuff. Some people only will use factory oils which is nothing wrong with that. I use to be that way.

I'm not recommended the stuff only telling people on this forum about a deal.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TTT. I thought I would revive this thread to help save some money for you guys and gals.

Try the discount codes below to get great prices on Mobil 1 synthetic oil, grease and lube for your next service.

A124 : $10 off orders over $30, $25 off orders over $70, $40 off orders over $110.
ES123 - $20 off $50 (40% off)
TRT41 - $40 off $100
TRT30 - 30% off (no minimum) - max $50 savings

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No. You can use the code for most things but there are some items that the coupon code will not work for. I don't remember which items but I will try and found out and post here.

I mention Mobil 1 oil only because maintenance stuff for the Maverick is probably the most common purchase you would make from an auto parts store like Advance Auto.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts