Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's actually where we stay is in that campground at the end of the road its both camping and day use. it's just nice to be right up against the dike by the beach and then the trail to the dunes is literally right off the pavement but they're all good camp grounds that is for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was actually going to go a little later but it sounds like a good opportunity to meet another member (and from washington) at one of the best Oregon dune sites. Where did you say you were going to camp? At the campground closer to Hwy. 101 or out near the beach? You have the double-decker trailer if I'm not mistaken? I'll find ya easily. See ya on the 3rd.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That sounds awesome. The campground is the one at the end of the road at the Horsfall site. You turn right onto Horsfall access road, There is a dunes rental place there...there several campgrounds and this is where the dead end is right at the dike at the ocean. It is an awesome time for sure. I think once you turn off to horsfall after you go over the Jetty, its about 2.3 miles.....Yes, you wont miss the double decker trailer..LOL

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
About another 120 miles...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I see that.. but the problem is I can make my reservations for the 3rd until tonight at midnight.. I will be up late.. lol

·
Registered
684 Posts
I will also be making reservations for the 3rd but I'm not staying up until midnight lol. I will just make them in the morning. What is the deal? 6 months out is the earliest you can book?

I thought you were staying out by the beach?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes Oregon's reservation site only allows 6 months prior to arrival for reservations. Horsefall area is a little confusing, you got to make sure if you're staying where we're staying horsefall beach and day use area is the correct area. There's also horse fall campground and a few others right at the same area. Basically if you look on the map they really are staying is the one at the end of the road at the beach.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
We always have nieces and nephews..children ect.. we try to be central located to best suit everyone.. they can just walk over the dike onto the beach...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sounds good.. we will be there early in the am on the 3rd.. hoping for early check in..if not oh well.. we will be at the beach.. but we will hang out and ride..barbecue ect while we are there.. will see you then.. I was able to secure site this morning at 10 00 am est....lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ttt :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
K goodrich. . Would be fun to meet you down there.. hoping this post gives people enough time to make plans..

·
Registered
138 Posts
I now have July 6 - 12 off.
I am also trying for June 29 - July 5 too

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Awesome!#

·
Registered
651 Posts
If anybody is going to spend the weekend at the coast i will try to drive over atleast one day just to meet anyone. It's only a 5 hr. drive. Get up at 5am, i can usually be at winchester bay before 10 am. In winchester bay there are some great places for dinner. Head home about 7pm. I had to pick my vactions in October so i have plans to spend atleast on week at the coast from June - September.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Starting to sound like it'll be a nice size group down there around the 4th of July

21 - 40 of 75 Posts