Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a topic here a few times and thought I would report what Polaris has just released, a 89HP XP 1000 Scrambler atv, I own a 2013 xp 850ho sportsman with 77 hp and it is very fast, it will pull my Maverick by slight bit, so with 35 pounds less weight and 20% more power this thing will rock!! But my point is there are no limits to where the side by side market will go when the Mfg's figure out a way to replace the cvt systems with something that will hold more power without all the problems we have now. 89hp and a little over 700 pounds, that power to weight ratio is what we need. Just a side note, That Scrambler list for just over 13000.00!! no way would I pay that for a atv. I am sure Can am will counter with the Maverick motor in there atv, this is great stuff.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they already have 1000cc 8x-hp motors in there quads - can am

·
Registered
85 Posts
Multiple people have already swapped the mav heads, hc pistons, cams and are seeing about 85-87 rwhp. Mark Sommer (kwik racing) just had his done and placed on a gen1 frame and it dynoed a tad over 86rwhp. What companies advertise is hp @ the crank not at the wheels which is what counts. If Canam would just do the mav swap of those parts to the atv it would make almost as much hp at the tires and the new scrambler does at the crank lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was referring to the mav engine components on the 1k atv gade/outty
Your right u can't run cams on a mav without a Tm but the atv ecu is very different
They achieved that number with the bom cams, exhaust, tuner, mav heads and hc pistons custom intake clutches maybe a couple other things I can't remember all. The maverick power is plugged up pretty good from the factory and then they go and throw that stupid ecu in there *thanks brp*
the next maverick should have 125 hp that'll give Polaris a few yrs to think lol

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Cool that's great new now we just need a ecu for reasonable price more the sxs's Would be nice to get 80 to85 rwhp from just a cam change. I think Mrrpm got 82 rwhp with just a cam and exhaust on a 1000 quad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jason Weller from Weller Racing emailed me and said they had a program for the mav ecu for $399 but he did not explain what all it done so I will have to get back in touch with him

1 - 9 of 9 Posts