Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Horrible Turnkey Experience, updated 4pm 3/22/13--CANCELLED MY ORDER!

UPDATES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST, THEY WOULDN'T HONOR THEIR POSTED PRICES OR THE PRICES ON MY RECIEPT AND DRUG IT OUT FOR A FULL WEEK BEFORE I FINALLY HAD TO DEMAND THEY CANCEL MY ORDER AND REFUND MY MONEY. ALL DETAILS BELOW.

This is going to be long, i apologize in advance. This is a desription of my experience of ordering from turnkey so far, and is still pending any resolution....

I placed an order for a roof and harness bar on Monday, order 670. You can see a copy of this order, with some of my info redacted here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZfwnlG_jWu30aNivm7LL4DW7_PjETEbdijOBhZXZkWQ?feat=directlink

I received an email confirmation, and my debit card was charged.

An hour later I received a call from "cook" saying that the system didn't charge me for shipping on the roof, only the harness bar, and it would be an addl. $100 for shipping. I explained that the system did charge for shipping for each item, and went on to reproduce the same costs with a new cart, and took screen shots of each.

Roof in cart with shipping:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/MYTMZBzAXKzEdnOlNujnYzW7_PjETEbdijOBhZXZkWQ?feat=directlink

Roof and harness bar in cart with shipping:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qYuhvwH0ofmWkGUWI4iqfDW7_PjETEbdijOBhZXZkWQ?feat=directlink

I then emailed these screenshots to them at 3pm central time, less than 2 hours after the order was placed and my debit card was charged. I received no reply.

I emailed them again 3 hours later, still within their business hours on the west coast, asking whether they intended to ship my order or cancel it because of the shipping discrepancy. I explained I needed to know so I could order someplace else if they weren't going to honor their posted prices. I received no reply until Tuesday afternoon.

The following day, Tuesday, mid afternoon I received an email from "cook" @ turnkey saying "You will recieve a call today from Adam in regards to your order. He is the boss and can make the final call. Thank You, Cook at TurnKey UTV. " I received no call or additional contact at all.

I emailed that evening explaining nobody had called or contacted me and needed to know what they were doing as I needed the parts for a trip I had coming up, and that I needed to know ASAP. I received no reply until Wed around noon.

The noon email on Wed was unsigned, but said "Sorry Joe, I just checked with Adam. He said he will give you a call sometime today. He gets very busy. " I received no call or additional contact afterwards.

I replied that I needed to know asap and that it didn't require 2+ days and a phone call to "make the call" on whether they were going to honor their posted prices or not, and that I needed someone to get back to me asap about whether my order would ship or not because I needed the parts. I received no call or contact afterwards.

Today, Thursday 3/21/13, I had received no emails or phone calls with any kind of an update whatsoever. I had a spare minute to get on the phone so I called them... I again spoke to "cook". I gave him my name and told him that I was the one with the order being held because of a shipping discrepancy. He repied "Could you be more specific", as if there are multiple such orders. I again was respectful and explained what I needed and who I was, to which he replied "hold on" and put me on hold. He came back a minute later and said "you need to talk to Adam, he has to make that call". I explained for the 3rd time that there shouldn't be any "call" to be made, either my order would ship or not, period. I confirmed they had received my emails, which they had, and I respecfully let them know that I needed an answer today about this. He said "I understand", and that was that.

UPDATE: 4pm Central time 3/21/13 "cook" called and asked "has adam called you yet?", I explained that I still had not heard from anyone. I asked if my order had shipped, he said "no, I do the shipping, I'd know if it shipped, it hasn't". I said that this is very poor customer service and I've not been treated like this in some time.... He said "well, the pricing is wrong on our website, it's not your fault, but it's not our fault either". I explained that it was, in fact, their fault and their responsibility, and then made him aware of this thread. He said "I'll ask adam to call you as soon as he walks in". And that was the end of the conversation.

UPDATE: EST 7PM Central time 3/21/13 "adam" called my office # and left a message saying who he was and that he had "a couple different solutions here with ya, I'd like to discuss with ya, phone # is..... and when you get one of the sales reps just ask for me here, alright Joe thank you" Obviously I was gone at 7pm but I will return his call in the AM. (just leaving me a message after all I've asked for is a notification whether they will ship my product or not is a bit assinine, but I'll call anyway and see what they say, if for no other reason than to update this thread)

UPDATE: 10AM Central time 3/22/13 I called the # left by adam the night before and it went immediately to voicemail. I left a respectful message explaining who I was and why I was calling and asking for them to call me as soon as possible. I also briefly touched on speaking with "cook" several times.

UPDATE: 4PM Central time 3/22/13 I called Turnkey and "cook" answered. I explained who I was and he interrupted me and said "Yeah, Adam said he called you and just got voicemail or whatever". I explained they called my office # well after hours and that I had returned the call 1st thing this am, 10am central, 8am their time, and left a detailed message and had not heard back. I was put on hold. Cook came back and said "adam is in the back of the shop and he asked that you give him a few minutes and he'll be up". I asked if that meant I needed to sit on hold for several minutes or if they were going to call me back, and it was suggested that I wait on hold to be sure I'd get to speak with Adam. 5 minutes later Adam got on the phone and spent almost 3 full minutes talking, almost without pause, about how the fedex software was broken and it's quoting the wrong prices, etc, etc, and it's been that way for some time, etc. He went on to say that if the cost difference in shipping was close, that they would have covered it, but since it was $100 (supposedly) that he had to charge me for it. I explained that I had told cook on Monday afternoon that I would not be paying anything over the price on my reciept, price was one of the reasons I bought from them, and that extra shipping made me not interested in buying from them. I explained for seemingly the 4th time that I wanted the order to ship as it was, or get cancelled and refunded. I also explained his lack of communication was absolutely unacceptable, at which point adam interrupted me and said something about knowing how to do business and that cook had stayed in constant contact and that he (adam) had called me yesterday....I left him finish, explained I had all the voicemail and emails saved, i knew all about his constant communication, or lack thereof, explained I could not be less happy or satisfied with them and that I'd like my order cancelled if they weren't willing to honor their posted prices and my reciept. He said he would credit me asap and that was the end of the conversation.

BOTTOM LINE: TURNKEY WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR POSTED PRICES ON THEIR WEBSITE, OR THE PRICES ON MY RECIEPT AND DEMANDED $100 IN ADDL. "SHIPPING" TO RELEASE MY ORDER, AND SPENT ONE ENTIRE WEEK DRAGGING IT OUT, DEPSITE HAVING MY MONEY SINCE THE MINUTE I PLACED THE ORDER.

Very poor, actually, some of the absolute worst customer service and business ethics I've ever seen, and I've been in business for 17 years and thought I'd seen every version of BS.

Joe

Joe

·
Registered
806 Posts
That sucks. It's terrible when you want to spend money, and can't. I ordered tie rods on the 16th and they are supposed to be here today, and the front gusset yesterday which is supposed to be in on the 27th. Immediatly after both orders I was emailed on what color I wanted for each item, due to the fact that I was not able to choose upon ordering because I got them off turnkey through ebay due to their lack of paypal on their website. So far my experience is good. We will find out shortly if you are the only one with a problem, hope it turns out good for the both of us.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
That does bite. I can't say anything negitive about TurnKey's customer service though. I bought my doors from them, and my order and shippment went with no hassles. Sorry your having a problem, hopefully Adam will make it right with you.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yup, cant beleave some of these UTV company. Im frustrated to say the least and now have stop buying anymore stuff for my Maverick until I can find a company that isnt out to screw you...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yup, cant beleave some of these UTV company. Im frustrated to say the least and now have stop buying anymore stuff for my Maverick until I can find a company that isnt out to screw you...
What did you get screwed on and what company?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i had good luck with turnkey they shipped my tierods same day , some stuff they build when ordered some is ready to go

·
Registered
120 Posts
this is going to be long, i apologize in advance. This is a desription of my experience of ordering from turnkey so far, and is still pending any resolution....

I placed an order for a roof and harness bar on monday, order 670. You can see a copy of this order, with some of my info redacted here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zfwnlg_jwu30anivm7ll4dw7_pjetebdijobhzxzkwq?feat=directlink

i received an email confirmation, and my debit card was charged.

An hour later i received a call from "cook" saying that the system didn't charge me for shipping on the roof, only the harness bar, and it would be an addl. $100 for shipping. I explained that the system did charge for shipping for each item, and went on to reproduce the same costs with a new cart, and took screen shots of each.

Roof in cart with shipping:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mytmzbzaxkzednolnujnyzw7_pjetebdijobhzxzkwq?feat=directlink

roof and harness bar in cart with shipping:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qyuhvwh0ofmwkguwi4iqfdw7_pjetebdijobhzxzkwq?feat=directlink

i then emailed these screenshots to them at 3pm central time, less than 2 hours after the order was placed and my debit card was charged. I received no reply.

I emailed them again 3 hours later, still within their business hours on the west coast, asking whether they intended to ship my order or cancel it because of the shipping discrepancy. I explained i needed to know so i could order someplace else if they weren't going to honor their posted prices. I received no reply until tuesday afternoon.

The following day, tuesday, mid afternoon i received an email from "cook" @ turnkey saying "you will recieve a call today from adam in regards to your order. He is the boss and can make the final call. Thank you, cook at turnkey utv. " i received no call or additional contact at all.

I emailed that evening explaining nobody had called or contacted me and needed to know what they were doing as i needed the parts for a trip i had coming up, and that i needed to know asap. I received no reply until wed around noon.

The noon email on wed was unsigned, but said "sorry joe, i just checked with adam. He said he will give you a call sometime today. He gets very busy. " i received no call or additional contact afterwards.

I replied that i needed to know asap and that it didn't require 2+ days and a phone call to "make the call" on whether they were going to honor their posted prices or not, and that i needed someone to get back to me asap about whether my order would ship or not because i needed the parts. I received no call or contact afterwards.

Today, thursday 3/21/13, i had received no emails or phone calls with any kind of an update whatsoever. I had a spare minute to get on the phone so i called them... I again spoke to "cook". I gave him my name and told him that i was the one with the order being held because of a shipping discrepancy. He repied "could you be more specific", as if there are multiple such orders. I again was respectful and explained what i needed and who i was, to which he replied "hold on" and put me on hold. He came back a minute later and said "you need to talk to adam, he has to make that call". I explained for the 3rd time that there shouldn't be any "call" to be made, either my order would ship or not, period. I confirmed they had received my emails, which they had, and i respecfully let them know that i needed an answer today about this. He said "i understand", and that was that.

Update: 4pm central time 3/21/13 "cook" called and asked "has adam called you yet?", i explained that i still had not heard from anyone. I asked if my order had shipped, he said "no, i do the shipping, i'd know if it shipped, it hasn't". I said that this is very poor customer service and i've not been treated like this in some time.... He said "well, the pricing is wrong on our website, it's not your fault, but it's not our fault either". I explained that it was, in fact, their fault and their responsibility, and then made him aware of this thread. He said "i'll ask adam to call you as soon as he walks in". And that was the end of the conversation.

I'm still waiting to find out whether they'll honor their posted prices or cancel my order. This is all i know so far.

Joe
fix your website ......i had the same problem.they got my first and last order

·
Registered
761 Posts
only the BEST aftermarket UTV shop in the world. Johnny must not like him for some reason. Maybe he stole Nick's virginity or violated Willie's innocense somehow. haha
Yup someone over there hates me. Its ok, on the third try and they still F-uped, so I am now looking for a better place to shop....

·
Registered
806 Posts
Inside thing huh?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered from turnkey about 2 weeks ago and they have not even shipped yet. called them today and they said it was ready and would ship today he would email a tracking number today, if I don't get that email I might just cancel because I don't believe them, seems weird that the day I call they are shipping it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similarly poor experience with Turnkey. It took almost 4 weeks for me to get a part that when ordered was supposedly in stock. I got the "it's at the powder coaters" excuse at least 4 times...

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
My experience was great with them, ordered off website, confirmations on my phone, updates on my phone, and merchandise at my work within 5 days.
Remember, squeaky wheel gets the grease, email everyday and call every two hours, somebody is gonna give you an answer and they will remember who you are. Believe me they will do everything they can to finalize your order just to shut you up. Thats how i handle things like that and it works. Next time they will know not to mess with you, treat you with respect and gladly take care of you
If the matter still cant be resolved, then get on a plane, fly out there and camp out in the waiting room till someone gives you the respect you deserve, above all, stay calm and friendly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also had a good experience with turnkey. Adam is a real good guy and will take care of you once he hears about this. It does suck that this is happening to you forsure. Adam must be overwhelmed.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I finally got my doors and tie rods from them this week after ordering them over a month ago. I havent bolted them on yet but everything looks very high quality and was individually bagged and packed excellent. If getting higher quality product means waiting, I will gladly wait. I bet they are just hammered with orders.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sounds like a company with good service for some and bad for others. Sounds like if a person likes to gamble then this is the company to order from. Forgetting some three times is more than overwhelmed lt's bad businesses,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ordered tie rods February 20th charged my card on 3/11 called yesterday they said they had been shipped to give till Monday and if I haven't gotten them they will track order.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts