Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been calling the dealers closest to me for info on when the Mavericks in Can Am Red (will wait for a Red Maverick) will be available. So far the best answer I have received is Dec 15, that is the dealer I am going to Tuesday. My father bought a Commander off of them and they treated him right. They have a X rs DPS to demo, so I am going to try it out. Anyone have any info on when the Can Am Red will hit the dealers? Or what the MSRP will be? This dealer is trying to get a price so we can deal on one Tuesday.

I have been lurking here since this sight was started to find out the weak links before I buy. So far the list of accessories I want to add from the get go is as follows:

Can Am:
Harness bar
Sport Roof
1/2 windshield
rear window net
rear bumper
Spare belt
Service/shop manual

CT racing:
Factory UTV 1/2" full skid plate
Rear radius rod
Racing tie rod kit (want to eliminate the bump steer)
Rear fender support
Front gusset kit (3 piece)

Turn Key:
Sport doors
Baja nerfs
Rear chassis brace
Baja bumper with winch plate

Pro Armor
5 point safety belts (I am 6'4" 320#s with a 65" chest and 48" waist, does any one know if these will be big enough to fit around me?)

Warn
RT40 winch (already have)

Am I missing anything to get me safely/dependably running the trails? Hope to have window nets made for the doors asap after getting the Maverick also. How well does the Can Am bead locks hold up? Should a set of Hipers be high on the list? Hipers are the wheels I run on my MX quads and have not failed me. Other than a couple hundred miles in my father's Commander this will be my first side by side. Have 34 years exp on dirt bike/quads.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would say your off to a good start, not sure on the belts but Im sure there would be a way around it they are a little snug.depending on your riding style a clutch kit might help with some of the can am clutching woes.. Enjoy the red should look sharp

·
Registered
73 Posts
The pro armor belts should fit fine there is plenty of adjustment. I am 200 pounds and 6 ft and there is 12 inches of strap left on both sides for adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
welcome aboard. I am also in ohio. What dealer are you using, Been looking for a good dealer closer to me. Drove 7 hours to get a deal on my mav .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
River rat Thank you, I will think about the clutch next winter, hoping the stock clutch will get me through till then.

Thank you Calico for measuring the belts.

Thank you Play-Doh.

brian68 it is Valley ATV in Danville Ohio. It is over a 2 hour drive for me, and in fact I have a different shop only 30min from me. But Valley ATV treated my father and I very good on the Commander purchase when the closer dealer did not want to deal 1 cent. Valley has demo rides you can try out prior to purchase.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
the belts will fit you

u don't need to worry about the clutch for a year - its covered

nice mod list looking good

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I dealt for a Can Am red Maverick X rs DPS today. Damn Red ones are $800 more than the yellow and black ones. lol Said the Maverick will be in around Dec. 15. The Dealer is a Turn Key dealer, so they are seeing what they can sell me the Turn Key accessories for. They had a Pro Armor 5 point seat belt simulator, and the belts had plenty of room. Thanks for the help. Be a proud owner of a Maverick soon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have been calling the dealers closest to me for info on when the Mavericks in Can Am Red (will wait for a Red Maverick) will be available. So far the best answer I have received is Dec 15, that is the dealer I am going to Tuesday. My father bought a Commander off of them and they treated him right. They have a X rs DPS to demo, so I am going to try it out. Anyone have any info on when the Can Am Red will hit the dealers? Or what the MSRP will be? This dealer is trying to get a price so we can deal on one Tuesday.

I have been lurking here since this sight was started to find out the weak links before I buy. So far the list of accessories I want to add from the get go is as follows:

Can Am:
Harness bar
Sport Roof
1/2 windshield
rear window net
rear bumper
Spare belt
Service/shop manual

CT racing:
Factory UTV 1/2" full skid plate
Rear radius rod
Racing tie rod kit (want to eliminate the bump steer)
Rear fender support
Front gusset kit (3 piece)

Turn Key:
Sport doors
Baja nerfs
Rear chassis brace
Baja bumper with winch plate

Pro Armor
5 point safety belts (I am 6'4" 320#s with a 65" chest and 48" waist, does any one know if these will be big enough to fit around me?)

Warn
RT40 winch (already have)

Am I missing anything to get me safely/dependably running the trails? Hope to have window nets made for the doors asap after getting the Maverick also. How well does the Can Am bead locks hold up? Should a set of Hipers be high on the list? Hipers are the wheels I run on my MX quads and have not failed me. Other than a couple hundred miles in my father's Commander this will be my first side by side. Have 34 years exp on dirt bike/quads.
Don't forget about sport low mod!! Got mine from wicked Cummins friend and it works great

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is a great list of mods you listed. You should have fun keeping yourself busy with all that.
Is this your first SxS, not count your dad's commander?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the welcome. Yes it is my first SxS. Dont laugh to hard, but I still duck like I am on a quad when I drive a SxS. I dont know if I will ever break that habit.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. Yes it is my first SxS. Dont laugh to hard, but I still duck like I am on a quad when I drive a SxS. I dont know if I will ever break that habit.
That will stop once you get a top on the cage!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My fathers Commander has a top/roof and I still duck and move my head for branch's and stuff. Old habits die hard. lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thats funny cause i do the same crap. its like "what the hell am i doing? Man i hope nobody see's me doing that." lol

Reactions: BigShow

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't forget about sport low mod!! Got mine from wicked Cummins friend and it works great
X2 the only sport low I would buy and or recommend after reading about the other on here.truly plug and play.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts