Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been mooching a buddies trailer since I got my MAV and I dont want to do that any more.... I have this little 4X8 unit that has 780 lb rated tires.. I thought I could throw on some treated 2x10's and make this one usable for now.. do you think its too risky? My dad regularly carried 2 and 4 post automotive lifts on it for short to moderate trips..

Myron

·
Registered
568 Posts
4x8? The Mav is wider than that. And 780lb rated tires gives you 1560. Take the weight of the Mav and the trailer and you have nothing left.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Mega... Your prolly right!.. I just want to ride tomorrow and the moocher trailer isn't available this time... I have been going ape shit spending money in the past few months (a pool, AR-15's, Maveric, etc.) and if I bring home another toy my wife is gonna have a fit!

Myron

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
A good trailer is a necessity, not just for your maverick, it will be good for other stuff too

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey yah can you americans quit buying up all the guns and ammo. The shelves are bare here up in Canada!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
After going thru hell with issues on 4 "mooched" trailers to get to our desert race 12 years ago, my wife insisted I buy a NEW big trailer. That was the best 1200 I have spent, after 12 years and many 10k miles of hauling everything you can imagine it still performs like new and its one less thing to worry about when towing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Tell the wife you had to do it. If something would happen while towing it, it could be a lot worse. Like others said, spend 20k, put it on something reliable. I love to shop for stuff like this lol....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ Chippy,

You Canadians feelin the pinch too?... I guess since all the gun and ammo mfgs' are here(and moving out of Connecticut) its gonna put a damper on things!.. I started stock piling the stuff in January. Us REDNECKS down here in Texas don't want to get caught with our pants around our ankles!. I bought 4 of those black things that has everyone freaked out!..... This is why I'm cheap assin it on a trailer!!!!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
@ Mega... Your prolly right!.. I just want to ride tomorrow and the moocher trailer isn't available this time... I have been going ape shit spending money in the past few months (a pool, AR-15's, Maveric, etc.) and if I bring home another toy my wife is gonna have a fit!

Myron
It's easier to ask for forgivness than it is for permission...........

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I just paid off all my credit cards too... Thats why we got a pool and MAV... I hate to start racking them up again!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Yeah, I just paid off all my credit cards too... Thats why we got a pool and MAV... I hate to start racking them up again!
Fawk some credit cards. Paid them off 6 years ago and its cash only. If I sent got the cash for it I don't need it right now. Save then buy.

·
Registered
728 Posts
There are pictures around of the tongues broken off trailers on the road side that had more weight on them than rated for. The tire aren't the only problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts