Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brace is nice and will ad some beef to the frame where the rack attaches. But what a pita to get to the nuts. My hands barely fit below the upper arm, above the front diff with the wheels off using a wrench.

I finally got the plate installed after 2 hours of working in tight areas.

It would be nice if the nuts were tacked to the plate.

Also I see the need to support the back side of the rack too. I will be making something for mine. The drivers side of the rack has 4" long bolts that could flex.

Overall nice product

·
Registered
7 Posts
The brace is nice and will ad some beef to the frame where the rack attaches. But what a pita to get to the nuts. My hands barely fit below the upper arm, above the front diff with the wheels off using a wrench.

I finally got the plate installed after 2 hours of working in tight areas.

It would be nice if the nuts were tacked to the plate.

Also I see the need to support the back side of the rack too. I will be making something for mine. The drivers side of the rack has 4" long bolts that could flex.

Overall nice product
Dealer said the same thing about mine. I had them put it on when I took it in for the first service.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice to know since I have been thinking about adding one when I do a PS set up.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah it was a PITA. Flex socks and ratchet wrenches are your friends. It took me a couple hours and a few swear words to do it myself.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
hey meaty fingers

have the wife do the nuts , lol

took me 20 minutes !! :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
dang! I just ordered one...and I have fat fingers....*&%(%(

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had that brace in the garage for months. Until I saw this I forgot about it.
I should have put it on this weekend when I was installing the power steering.
Oh well, guess I will do it when I pull the shocks off. LOL!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
c'mon this was hard ?? lol

all this from a guy that built his own tie rods and tons more , lol

remove driver inner panel if u have the full utv inc gusset kit u will need to remove the one that goes across the rear of the steering rack to get to the bolts easier ! , remove 5 bolts hold plate wife threaded on 5 bolts I tighten them up done maybe 17 minutes but the dog got in the way a few times !

as u can see below It was easy to take a pic of the bolts so install was super fast and easy maybe all that white on yours is blinding u lol

someone bring one to the dunes ill install in 30 minutes or less or its a free pizza ! :) lol

holyt.jpg photo.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts