Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the hmf single big core system comes with a down pipe for just a little bit less coin than dual slip ons..

Ive seen sound clips online of both, just hard to tell... anyone personally hear both systems?

Is the extra noise of the single worth it?

Is there even a gain in changing the down pipe?

Stock down pipe w/slips vs big core single, kinda power difference are we lookin at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Subscribed. (I wanna know too)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I want to know if anyone has purchased the full system. I am tempted as I think I have a leak on the rear header. I have some cable shielding and plastics melted.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I cant answer all your questions,But I'm very happy with hmf single exhaust.sounds awesome,less shit in the back of machine.looks great.as for power I did evo cat delete,stage 4r tune and hmf at same time .mav is bad azz.no regrets

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if slip ons with stock dp are close in power to the single. Now that Ive been lookin more, price alone, I'm leaning towards albas slip ons. . . not as fancy lookin as the hmf's or say evp's but... I kinda feel like for the most part slip ons are slip ons as far as performance goes. now, if I get more oomph out of the hmf single setup, ill still go that way, and hope I can get a quiet core and or a spark arrestor for in the woods. ( although ive been to the dunes 3 weekends in the last month I don't usually go this often as its too damn hot out there during the summer )

·
Registered
719 Posts
I know someone here local to us (slc) that has one. I can shoot him a txt. I don't know what all was done to the machine in addition to the big core.
I don't know why it just came to me now.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm not positive but thought a turbo passes as a spark arrester,thought I read that somewhere?dont think you need a quite core. I'm 48 years old and hate crap that's overly loud.but I love this exhaust.Less pipes ,one muffler,less heat,win win.try it if you don't like it blame me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not positive but thought a turbo passes as a spark arrester,thought I read that somewhere?dont think you need a quite core. I'm 48 years old and hate crap that's overly loud.but I love this exhaust.Less pipes ,one muffler,less heat,win win.try it if you don't like it blame me.

haha alright you are very convincing.. no blame will be needed. Jus trying to do my homework.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, pulled trigger on hmf single. Hopefully ecu goes to Alba for a flash here in the next day or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
My ECU us going to ALBA as soon as someone posts up their single exhaust review. Let us know how you like the tune with the exhaust rotten.applz

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My ECU us going to ALBA as soon as someone posts up their single exhaust review. Let us know how you like the tune with the exhaust rotten.applz
will do.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have ALBA's flash and just did some cheap slip on mufflers purchased from another board member. It sounds great and the car is a beast with ALBA's flash. I was close to pulling the trigger on the HMF single setup but it was hard to pass on the deal I got. The flash is the single best mod I have done so far.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
What was your rwhp with that tune?
It's not just the tune, it's the accompanying go fast parts that go on it. It was, and is above 160 to the wheels. I no longer own that car. Another member on here bought the master yoda!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To ask a very loaded question: What kinda shit needs to be done to safely run 16#? head studs? race gas? injectors? i have read that the 16's have slightly larger injectors, and stiffer secondary spring over the 15's if thats true, seems like there might be a bit more "free" power to be had . . . maybe. i dont beat on it EVERY time i take it out, but we all know what it takes to ride the dunes. Or how it is when riding dunes i should say.

to answer the other question, i DID do the hmf cat delete/turbo support deal a couple weeks back, the single setup and flash should be it for me, other than charge pipes and bov.... barring any clutch mods that may be needed when i figure out what dirt/trail/rock tire setup i go with... judging from my 7-7100 rpm up hill, in the sand, i assume all is still golden at stock power on 30" paddles.

·
Registered
579 Posts
With my evo 4r tune ,I had to buy injectors.14-14.5lb boost.but I have a 15,i think 16 came with bigger injectors.and for sure 10 more horse.so the 15 will get more out of that tune.IF you decide you need clutch help I have airdam kit sitting in a box in the shop I will sell .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts