Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HMF™ exhausts for the Can-Am® Maverick X3 are available as a Dual Full (Turbo-Back) system and as a Slip-On (muffler delete) system. The Dual Full System features dual 16" mufflers that retain the original turbo and down pipe heat shields. The Duals come standard with (2) 18MM O2 Bungs; One for the original O2 and the other for a wide-band O2.

The Slip-On (muffler delete) is a no core pipe that retains the stock end cap and plastics. The aluminum Performance Series picked up 6 HP and 4lb/ft TQ and the stainless steel Titan Series picked up 5-7 horsepower with 4-5lb/ft torque, depending on the option. The Performance Series has a 10-12dB increase, the Titan-XL has an 8-9dB louder than stock.

Available as a Dual Full (Turbo Back) & Slip-On (Muffler Delete)
Dual Full includes (2) 18MM O2 Bungs. (Factory and Wide-Band)
Performance: 6 HP, 4lb/ft TQ, 10-12dB increase, 14.5lbs
Titan-QS: 5 HP, 4lb/ft TQ, 23lbs
Titan-XL: 7 HP, 5lb/ft TQ, 8-9dB increase, 23lbs
Slip-On (Muffler Delete): 3 HP, 3lb/ft TQ, 14-22dB increase
Optimizer or ECU Flash Required

Can-Am® Maverick X3 UTV Exhaust - HMF Racing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You should delete your "muffler delete".

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like the Muffler delete myself. Love the turbo spool!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm aware that a tune is recommended to realize the performance gain from these exhausts but will no tune cause damage to the engine by running to lean? I would assume that the o2 sensor would compensate for the change? I am planning on getting a reflash eventually but the cost for a reflash and an exhaust is too much for me right now, don't know if I should just wait to do both or if I can just do an exhaust now for sound.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, you guys have been busy! The loud one isn't for me, but I like the quiet one. Wish it was a center exit.
Yes we have! Were not done yet either!

I'm aware that a tune is recommended to realize the performance gain from these exhausts but will no tune cause damage to the engine by running to lean? I would assume that the o2 sensor would compensate for the change? I am planning on getting a reflash eventually but the cost for a reflash and an exhaust is too much for me right now, don't know if I should just wait to do both or if I can just do an exhaust now for sound.
I would wait until you can do both at once. These engines run lean on factory tuning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts