Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just starting to build a rear hitch and bumper!!

^ buddy using his plasma cutter. Man that is one handy tool!

That is as far as we got tonight. Tomorrow lots of grinding and starting on the bumper!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You must need the hitch to tow a trailer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looking good. I would like to build one like UTVs that ties into the cage. Don't know if I will try to tackle that or just order one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Final design couple more welds and more grinding and it will be ready for paint.

·
Registered
412 Posts

Raw hitch just need to paint

AW man , you shouldve put the hitch at the top. there is tons of room on the maverick. that low long hitch will dig in on steep hills/ditchs expecially if have to back down/out of them.

Been there , done that . cut mine up , put hitch on top of rear brace, and slid reciever through bracket so 2" is behind plate and 2" is out where the 5/8 retaining pin goes. its alot better for me .

Also using a 2" rise insert , and cut it off as short as possible, then redriled the 5/8 hole .

Now it never hangs on anything, and the short length actually makes it stronger .

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm going to do the same as OLDGUY, I bought a hitch from one of the forum vendors to save time and it hangs out too far & is too low. Catches & hits the terrain all the time especially when Im in the rocks so I took it off. I'm going to modify mine to my liking.
Your hitch & bumper look good, nothing beats something you made yourself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I.noticed that it was going to be low. I won't run with the hitch I'm going to make a short hitch with just a clevis for pulling

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice job...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice man,heavy duty !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. Now I just have to figure what to do with 13 more feet of pipe!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice job! Wanna build my own as well. Could you show a pic of how you tied the bumper in with the hitch

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bolted so bumper can be more easily removed, good thinking

1 - 20 of 28 Posts