Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Maverick X3 XRS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss.. SO I burned out my belt last week. Replaced the belt and started to "break it in". However, when accelerating there was a high pitch squeal coming from the drivetrain area. I am pretty sure it is the clutch but not sure how to confirm. It also happens in high and low gear

Brand new less then 5 hours on it. I'll try to get a sound clip today.

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
Rule of thumb is to clean out your clutch and secondary after every ride with compressed air. You'll be amazed how much clutch dust you'll blow out.

·
Registered
2019 Maverick X3 XRS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the squeal continued. Took it to the dealer and the reported back to me that the Helix Rollers were not present. He couldn’t tell me for sure if they were chewed up and spit out or if they were never installed. There was no remains of the rollers. So looks like I’m going to need new rollers and helix.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
yes, common for the oem assembly process. the rollers get crushed when the clutch is assembled. They get cracked, fall off and get spit out the clutch exhaust. I bet you will find some pieces on the top of your skid plate.

the dealer should owe you a couple new belts for that issue.

·
Registered
2019 Maverick X3 XRS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be nice if they give me a belt. I’ve already had to replace the OEM belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts