Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to put these out there as a feeler.

I'm currently working on these and hope to have them done by mid November and ready to sell by December.

These are boxed and internally braced lower a arms for the front and the rear. The arm is going to have a relief cut into it and closed off to allow the axle to recess into the arm for the most ground clearance possible while offering the most protection. These will be built for the racer or the hardcore rock crawler where they want a arm that will take a hit over and over and not get all mangled up leaving them stranded on the trail. This isn't your average set of arched arms for a mud machine.

Let me know your thoughts. Again this is the very first cut and mock up piece. This will probably go through 5 or so changes before it's ready.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Depends on what the finshed look yes I would be

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finished look would be much cleaner than what's pictured above but the same I that makes any sense. All will have a powder coated finish. I'll probably do the first set on mine in yellow or red.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty slick. When possible, throw out a ballpark asking price
These are much more labor intensive then a tubular arched around and have triple the material. I'm wanting to keep the cost of all four arms to about $1000-1200 which I think is reasonable since the tubular arched arms are running $950.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm in for a set Alex, did you get the pics of the 2 seat cage? Good talking to you week before last.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great idea and nice work. I like high clearance arms.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Those are bad ass Alex.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If u coul get it in at that price it would be a steal!!
That's what I'm shooting for. Il know more next week when I have another test piece cut.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Can you hurry up sir ;) I need more goodies lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This really is a GREAT and innovative idea because many guys need them but don't want to buy a full LT kit to have them. This is what happens when you a true SxS rider or user is also a builder & vendor. Job well done Alex.

Reactions: Hunting721

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm on my third cut of the arm. I think the bends and measurements are right so I'm moving in the right direction. Next is to take my stock non bent arm off, knock the ball joint out and jig it. I should have a complete front arm built the first week of November.
As far as the rears go I just have the CNC shop built some more custom spacers for the arms. In the rear we'll be using a FK rod end at the hub so we can have some camber adjustment. I don't think it's that necessary but ill mess with the adjustments and see if we can get it to corner a little better. If not no big deal but a joint will be much easier to to replace than the factory joint that has play in it from the factory.
The rear are going to be a little more difficult to build as I have to work around the sway bar and the radius rods. The clearance for the rear will be as high as the bottom of the big radius rods that will sell. It will put them in harms way more so than stock but if you're running mine you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
I'll keep the updates coming.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts