Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked out the Max yesterday and she IS a long beast and stock tire size almost seems too small looking at it. Are you guys finding that you are high centering much with the Max? Has anyone put bigger tires on because of a high centering problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes it's very big. The 27" tires do look very small on it. I put 30" motoclaws on mine and they look perfect. No clearance issues with them. I have not ran my stock tires yet to give any feedback on that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
image.jpg I just put 100 miles on my Max last weekend at Windrock and didn't high center once. Granted I was very conscious of doing so. If I end up doing more rocky rides I may put on 29 or 30's. however I'm concerned about losing some of the great acceleration this thing has by moving to a larger tire.

Here's a couple of picture from the ride on a black trail named the Devil's Elbow.

image.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I high centered the other day, but it was basically my fault for not using the power like I should have. I would say that given the right circumstances you could high center anything, and bigger tires, lifts, and/or better driving could always help. As with all things there are trade offs. If you want to maintain acceleration and have bigger tires you can clutch your machine and basically get both from what I read.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Get some good skid plates your are going to be sliding over rocks, I have slid over a few already just have to use your brain and throttle to stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It does use the skidz alot and the factory will not last long i made 1/4 alluminum plate skids haven'thad an issue sinceand they ar better than BRP skids and much cheaper rear cost me $120 for plate and about an hour fab work

·
Registered
45 Posts
I rub bottom more than I get high centered and when I do I just approach the hill at a different angle. I want to go 30"tires in the future though

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes it's very big. The 27" tires do look very small on it. I put 30" motoclaws on mine and they look perfect. No clearance issues with them. I have not ran my stock tires yet to give any feedback on that.
Did the 30"s help out that much, thats what I m thinkin about doin too and if so did you have clutch work done to your machine

·
Registered
25 Posts
It does use the skidz alot and the factory will not last long i made 1/4 alluminum plate skids haven'thad an issue sinceand they ar better than BRP skids and much cheaper rear cost me $120 for plate and about an hour fab work
Did you make the skid in multiple pieces or did you use a whole sheet to cover? I'm thinking of doing the same. I guess you used the stock skids as a template. Multiple pieces would make for easier access I'm thinkin

·
Registered
15 Posts
I made mine 3 pieces instead of 4 like the factory they are great i did not put all the holes in them though just seemed like it would weaken them to much and 1 piece would be a beast to get off i did however buy the factory front side skid it really protects the front corners of the lower plastic i have little over $400 in main plates and that was having them cut front to proper design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts