Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had issues with your high beams not working properly? Mine will work randomly when I have them switched on and then they will randomly go off etc. A buddy of mine bought a 2014 Commander just before I bought my 2014 Maverick and he was having the same issue. They replaced his switch and said it should be good to go now, so I ordered a new switch and will install it this weekend.

Just curious I guess if maybe there was a bad batch of high/low switches put on these machines.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My brothers mav is doing the same thing, must just be chitty switches.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine is doing the same, it's the switch. It happen in WV this weekend, I kept flipping the toggle back and forth until it came on.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Same thing happened with me! I just swapped out switches from another Mav and they worked again. We will see for how long. Is there a vendor on here with replacement switches that are plug and play for the low/high beams???

·
Registered
806 Posts
Same thing with mine so when I finally got them to come on I just left them on high.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i called the dealer yesterday and ordered a replacement switch that i'll throw in. i think it was only like 20 bucks so ain't that bad. woulda been free except my warranty just expired a week ago...fmr!

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is moisture causing it, switches are not water proof or water tight, easiest fix is to remove the switch, carefully take it apart, buff off the burnt deposits with scoych brite and coat real good with di electric grease, & do not hit switch panel with high pressure water.
Buying new will only delay it happening again, so fix it one time and be done with it. IMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't believe in coincidence. Just came back from a long weekend in the middle of Nevada. 75 mile night ride and my Hi Beams wont come one. my first thought is it is my Commander all over again. I am glad I had my Rugged Ridge spots and floods working. it is a bad day or should I say night when you are hooking along at 60 mph, no moon and it is open range. Them Black Angus are hard to see at night.

i agree with UATV-TECH. take the switch apart. clean it up and dielectric grease. Just waiting for it to warm up in the shop and I am off to do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have any of you had issues with your high beams not working properly? Mine will work randomly when I have them switched on and then they will randomly go off etc. A buddy of mine bought a 2014 Commander just before I bought my 2014 Maverick and he was having the same issue. They replaced his switch and said it should be good to go now, so I ordered a new switch and will install it this weekend.

Just curious I guess if maybe there was a bad batch of high/low switches put on these machines.
Hey I hope I can help you out all you guys so I just got the opportunity to Tinker around with my 2014 can an maverick 1000r today and I took apart the switch be careful when you guys taking apart to switch lots of little pieces little Parts make sure you keep track of where everything goes and how it goes back together

come to find out the one part that moves inside the switch over the teeter-totter looking thing was kind of worn out so I cleaned it up with a little bit of sandpaper just enough to round off the edges clean off the Brewers and expose little more of a copper looking piece of Steel in the center a little so the copper looking side made a better connection I pulled on the spring a little so when you try to push it back into the slot has more resistance so it's not as soft so now the spring is stiffer only the spring that moves the little piece that goes back and forth over the teeter-totter looking thing the other four Springs leave those alone don't touch those and I kind of played around with the teeter-totter looking thing inside the switch that connects the circuit when you flip the switch on and off to get the correct band and ever since it's been working good hopefully this helps you guys so you don't have to just keep buying new switches I guess its kind just wear and tear on a weak component

·
Registered
776 Posts
Mine had a rock behind it so I could flash them but it wouldn’t stay on, pressure washer must have knocked it out because they work now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine normally has dirt in it that wont let it click to high beam.
Yeah it could be a couple of different things that can affect the switch from working maybe if you can put in there that dielectric paste stuff maybe it can kind of seal it so not as much dirt will get in there
good luck to you
Mine normally has dirt in it that wont let it click to high beam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts