Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought Promax 55w hid kits two of them so I could run them for both high and low beams. I plugged them all in got the wires hooked up exactly the same on both sides but yet when i turn my lights on only the low beams will work. Im getting power and all my ballast work because I have changed the wires around to make sure it wasnt just ballasts. I am beyond confused. You think maybe my high/low switch for my headlights is going bad?

If i didnt explain this good enough please ask questions I want to get to the bottom of this! Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Dalton

·
Registered
557 Posts
probably not! just throwing this out there cause I am not familar with that brand I sell and install HID's constantly one thing I have learned they hate voltage fluctuation.having said that try sending ground to batt ground see if it kicks.If it does then the ground Is not strong enough. I pulled mine just for that reason.didnt want to get stranded with no lights so went back to stock and ordered 40" Rigid and a set of D2's hope that helps

·
Registered
713 Posts
In our tests we found the best combo was 55 Watt Hi and 35 Watt Lo. When we had two sets of 55 Watt the igniters wouldn't fire causing one set not to start. Or sometimes only 3 head lights would turn on. I don't know if this is your issue, maybe you don't have have a good connection on the hi beams or maybe you need to put it on a relay.

Just a suggestion

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your information you both have told me makes total since! Tonight I went out there and did some tinkering and with the machine off I flicked the hi low switch multiple times and then turned the key on the low beams always come on but then when I pushed the highbeams they came on everytime after I did this. Someone told me that maybe you had alittle crosion on the connector for the high beams on the switch and you just worked it off? Heck i am not smart with electrical at all but too me it made alittle since? As far only three coming on I havent had that problem just the high beams wouldnt come on at all but now they do just fine. would you still recommended me getting 35w low beams?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mu high beam switch took a chit already. It was intermittent for about 3 months and now it just doesn't work.

I'd either do 35W or install a relay harness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
im not sure if I missed this but are you running them from the stock wiring or are you running a relay? if you are running from stock wiring I would invest the money in a relay kit. it will be better for the electrical system and the hid ballasts. The ecms in the can ams HATE voltage drop and a lot of time they even shut right down. The HID's pull a lot of power on start up and after they are started the stop pulling so much. With the power coming from the relay right from the battery they are not trying to pull thru the entire electrical system on start up. If you have a winch installed you can even pull battery power right from the winch relay so you are not running wires all the way back to the battery.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Your information you both have told me makes total since! Tonight I went out there and did some tinkering and with the machine off I flicked the hi low switch multiple times and then turned the key on the low beams always come on but then when I pushed the highbeams they came on everytime after I did this. Someone told me that maybe you had alittle crosion on the connector for the high beams on the switch and you just worked it off? Heck i am not smart with electrical at all but too me it made alittle since? As far only three coming on I havent had that problem just the high beams wouldnt come on at all but now they do just fine. would you still recommended me getting 35w low beams?
This happened to me had to take the switch apart and clean up the contacts problem solved

1 - 8 of 8 Posts